PDA

View Full Version : Rivatuner bug?

Daneel Olivaw
10-27-04, 11:56 PM
Rivatuner RC2, when testing "low power 3d setting" seems to revert to a lower voltage then the 1.4v that I specify in the bios. I suspect it tests using 1.3v and not the value I specified through nibitor (nv bios editor.)

rivatuner test say 495MHz test ok on performance 3d
but 475MHz fails on low power 3d
even though my bios is set for 1.2v 2d, 1.4v throttling, 1.4v 3d and runs 475MHz 3d+throttling fine now.

Small bug in rivatuner, but it's annoying if it's not testing using the right settings. Any1 confirm?

(More people will read if I post here instead of legacy)

Subtestube
10-28-04, 12:08 AM
Why don't you go and actually post this in the Rivatuner forums on Guru3d? Here's a link:

http://forums.guru3d.com//forumdisplay.php?forumid=18

Though, I STRONGLY recommend taking a VERY GOOD look through the RT faq before posting anything. Unwinder's stressed enough as it is without answering more questions that he's already answered.

EDIT: Also, anyone using an NV40 won't be able to confirm for you, because NV40s ALWAYS use the same voltage ID, despite the multiple listings in the BIOS. (At least I suspect the NV40 won't have this issue).

Daneel Olivaw
10-28-04, 12:11 AM
thanks, then this definitely should have gone in the legacy section...

Subtestube
10-28-04, 12:16 AM
"Added ability to adjust clocks for performance level 1 (low power 3D mode). This feature is locked by default, power users may unlock it with AllowLowPower3DControl registry entry."

"Added 'Force constant performance level' option allowing you to force your graphics card to work at one constant performance level and disable 2D / low power 3D / 3D modes switching. Take a note that it will also disable throttling, so use this option with extreme caution only if you perfectly understand what are you doing. This option is also locked by default, power users may unlock it with EnablePerfLevelForcing registry entry. "

Also, just search the Readme for "Low Power 3d". There are at least 3 Q & As mentioning it.

Not sure if either of these'll help you, but maybe, eh?

Daneel Olivaw
10-28-04, 09:21 AM
Where Rivatuner can be confused therefore is that NiBiTor only changes the second 2 bit value of lookup table, and thus kills the relationship to any Indicator values. Which actually means you can have an indicator value of "82" which normally translates to 1.3v actually giving 1.4v simply because the Bios was modded by NiBiTor.

Try therefore setting with OmniExtreme v1.5 editor, or even better change lookup table volts and Performance Level Indicators iaw my 59xx bios modding guide at first post.

Jim says it all!

Unwinder
10-28-04, 10:16 AM
I hate to say it but Jim is explaining the things he don't understand again. I just replied to your question in different thread, where you've posted it too.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=460662#post460662

Daneel Olivaw
10-28-04, 05:47 PM
Thanks Unwinder, I replied over there. Hey, with all that Jim has explained to me, I'll forgive him for any mistakes!

jimmor
10-28-04, 07:22 PM
I hate to say it but Jim is explaining the things he don't understand again. I just replied to your question in different thread, where you've posted it too.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=460662#post460662

Why is it you always have a way with words that appear you are looking for an fight, rather than just answering the question to hand ???

Just as well I don't always call you ignorant !!!

Unwinder
10-29-04, 02:13 AM
jimmor, please don't take it personal ;) I'm just addressing user's question and trying to avoid misunderstanding, which can be cause by incorrect answers / technical info.

Peace.

jimmor
10-29-04, 07:14 AM
jimmor, please don't take it personal ;) I'm just addressing user's question and trying to avoid misunderstanding, which can be cause by incorrect answers / technical info.

Peace.

The way you post, makes it very easy for me to take it personal !

And just for your interest, there are many things in life that I don't know or fully understand. But when I post against a persons problem, it is with a desire to help find a solution ---> and so I generally try and stick to only targeting the original problem, rather than other peoples misunderstandings !

Seemingly incorrect answers are not that important, because, as for every posted problem, whenever the solution is found, everybody learns something new and all misunderstandings get cleared up !