PDA

View Full Version : Gainward BIOS is now difficult to obtain.

Matthew Kieren
10-27-04, 11:21 PM
I know some people have asked this question in the past, so I thought I'd post this to let everyone know. I sent an email asking how one finds the latest BIOS for their cards, since it is no longer an option in EXPERTool v3.20, and here is the response I got back:

Dear Matthew:
I am sorry,it's our company policy.
So we disable this BIOS update function since ExperTool v3.19.
Now we also collect our customer feedback about the BIOS update issue to our top management.
So,if you wanna update the latest BIOS, you can provide the semi-product part number and your current BIOS version to us.
We will check our BIOS database and send the latest BIOS for you.
Many thanks!!
Best Regards,
Gainward Technical Support (Taiwan,HQ)

Sovereignxp
10-27-04, 11:30 PM
I don't own a Gainward but what there policy is now -----> :lame: !

bkswaney
10-28-04, 01:45 AM
I know some people have asked this question in the past, so I thought I'd post this to let everyone know. I sent an email asking how one finds the latest BIOS for their cards, since it is no longer an option in EXPERTool v3.20, and here is the response I got back:

:lame: That suxs a big one.

But there will always be gainward owners that can send
u the latest.
Or just check some of the sites and download it.

Decimator
10-28-04, 07:46 AM
What is the latest version then? mine says 5.40.02.15.01

Edit: that's weird I've just run Expert update for the BIOS (I've got an older version of expert tool 3.18) and the file it downloads is 4202b900 :confused:

Does anybody know what differences there are between the new BIOS and mine, so I'll know if it's worth the bother flashing it.

Edit: I just tried to attach it but it's 229 KB, so it's too large, I'll see if I can find another place to host it.

Golden Sample
10-28-04, 08:02 AM
What is the latest version then? mine says 5.40.02.15.01

Edit: that's weird I've just run Expert update for the BIOS (I've got an older version of expert tool 3.18) and the file it downloads is 4202b900 :confused:

hm...could you share the bios you downloaded? Perhaps it`s a newer version?!?

Sven

Decimator
10-28-04, 08:16 AM
I've added it as an attachment at another forum that has a bigger filesize limit. Better get it quick before the mods see it though.

http://forum.teamxbox.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26841

ragejg
10-28-04, 08:29 AM
uhh, www.mvktech.net ??? Don't they have it?

Decimator
10-28-04, 08:38 AM
uhh, www.mvktech.net ??? Don't they have it?

Yeah, this is the same version number as mine :confused: so I don't know what that file the expert update gave me was.

http://www.mvktech.net/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=26&func=fileinfo&parent=folder&filecatid=479

JRd1st
10-28-04, 08:44 AM
The file from Gainward just uses their numbering system. I have the same thing. They send you nvflash, too.

The newest bios supposedly allows fan control. I think they changed expertool to allow that bios update just for that one file and for that one reason. They must have gotten a lot of complaints about the fan noise.

Decimator
10-28-04, 08:53 AM
Ah well, my BIOS must be up to date then, because I've got the fan speed controller on my version of Expert tool.