PDA

View Full Version : Guild Wars Preview open!!!!!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

CaptNKILL
10-29-04, 03:44 PM
Can someone post some screenshots please? The ones on the website look like cutscenes or cinematic shots to me.
Those actually arent cinematics. The game looks that good. Things that are far away are a little boring looking (smudgy textures) but they are reeaaly far away, so its alright.

The models though, they look amazing. Very detailed.

DaveW
10-29-04, 09:26 PM
Isn't this the MMORPG where you just buy the game and then pay no monthly fee? Or was it you download it free and only pay a monthly fee? Or am I thinking of some other game? lol:\

According to the FAQ this game has no monthly fee YAY! I just found my new MMORPG. Plus it can't be any more buggy that EQ2.

DaveW
10-29-04, 09:55 PM
Wow this is crazy, I just downloaded and started playing it... I thought it would be an all night download. It took less than 5 minutes :)

Yeah that threw me off too. Its pretty cool how it streams down new content as you play.

K007
10-30-04, 12:02 AM
You want screenshots?

I got a bucket load of screenshots, and no they are not cinematics, they are real ingame graphics :)

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=39683

Big Dial not freindly warning there.

PS:Does anyon eknow the html code to resize images? So that image apperas in a small space thus allowing people to pick through the shots?

Edge
10-30-04, 01:13 AM
Played it a bit, it's improved over the E3 demo but you don't start with any weapons? How are you supposed to get a weapon when you don't have any gold? Oh well, it certainly looks fun, and there are SO FREAKING MANY SKILLS in this game it's overwhelming. Hopefully I'll get some playtime in.

Oh, and my name is "Kiba Wolf", if anyone wants to add me to your friends list.

Arioch
10-30-04, 01:19 AM
Looks pretty good - I wish there was a way to disable the bloom effect because I think it is throwing off the ability to render this game correctly in stereo 3-D.

WarGhSt
10-30-04, 01:40 AM
Played it a bit, it's improved over the E3 demo but you don't start with any weapons? How are you supposed to get a weapon when you don't have any gold? Oh well, it certainly looks fun, and there are SO FREAKING MANY SKILLS in this game it's overwhelming. Hopefully I'll get some playtime in.

Oh, and my name is "Kiba Wolf", if anyone wants to add me to your friends list.

You are supposed *note: Had a bug where my character started out in town instead of the tuturial* to start out in a little tutorial where you get your weapon out of a chest.

K007
10-30-04, 01:40 AM
You have to do the training mission, most people force a skip on it and dont get there weopeons, and they cant do the training mission again. You have to do it to get the woepeon from the chest.

Otherwise u can buy weopons for 0gold at the merchant.

lIqUID
10-30-04, 01:43 AM
Talk about a wierd way of marketing..
2-3 day tests? What are they thinking?
And the game doesnt even come out until the 2nd month of 2005!

For people that preorder the game they get a key to play in monthly betas, that are the first weekend of every month until the game is released. There is a preorder package you can get, at some places its only $5, itll get you a special weapon, a CD, poster and an invite for a friend to one of the weekend betas. think if you have it preordered, the beta weekends start next weekend from what Ive read in the forums as well.

The game wont have a monthly subscription, but will have "chapters" I guess it could be considered like an expansion pack. I think these will come out every six months or so.

Edge....
When you play the tutorial in the very beginning you speak to a guy and he gives you a weapon. If you skip the tutorial you dont get the weapon.

So far Ive been on 10 1/2 hours nonstop, except when they had the hardware trouble eariler. This game is crackrock....

Edge
10-30-04, 02:38 AM
Huh, I don't remember getting any tutorial at all...is it the same as the E3 build? From what I recall I started right in town with lots of people around and no idea where to go...guess I'll just remake my character since he hasn't really gained any xp.

Edit: remade my character, started in a TOTALLY different place than I did the first time and saw the guy standing right in front of me with a big exclamation point over his head and he told me where to get the weapon...looks like it was a bug the first time. Wonder if it has something to do with using the account I did for the E3 build, even though I had made a new character.

MustangSVT
10-30-04, 02:43 AM
I played the tutorial back at the E3 build, so I still had my sword when I logged in this time. Anyway, this game is great. Been playing for a couple hours now (bout 3 or 4 :retard: ). It's great, I really like the quests, the RPG immersion is definetly there. This game for me is the next Neverwinter Nights (another game I really love online, one which isn't a MMORPG, but has 64 player servers online). I've done about 4 or 5 quests/missions so far, and so far, so good. It actually has some kind of story linked between them. I really like the fact that you can do several paths on each quest, depending which way you have to go or take shortcuts. I also love the party system. Somehow they've managed to balance it out properly. I don't know how, but it really feels like everything is balanced and implemented properly, especially the party, experience and class systems :) . I'll be buying this one for sure just like I bought Neverwinter Nights. Now if only they had something like a Dungeon Master every now and then. :drooling:

nVidi0t
10-30-04, 03:18 AM
I've been playing for around 16 hours or so since yesterday morning. It's really a blast, but there needs to be a lot more variety in items. The skill system is cool and the arcade no nonsense style really works.

We should make an NVNews guild! All in favor say aye!

K007
10-30-04, 03:27 AM
i didnt use my e3 alpha guy, hes deleted RIP.

How big can a guild be? Cause NVnews Guild does sound nice...after all Nvidia no1...*dodges bullets* (matrix style)

Edge
10-30-04, 03:49 AM
Heh, an Nvnews.net guild would be fine by me, gives us something we have in common :) . Can we vote on what we want our symbol to be? I think a wolf/wolf head would be cool ;) . Can't remember if that was on the guild symbol list though...

nVidi0t
10-30-04, 05:02 AM
Okay I'll create the guild.. my player name is: The Messiaah

Add me and Ill send invites

nVidi0t
10-30-04, 05:08 AM
Okay, it's done. Tag is "NvN" just message me to join.

I chose the best looking wolf head there was and a color related to the site.

Arioch
10-30-04, 05:43 AM
I guess Diablo fans will love this game. I need a second take on it later as my first experience was a bit underwhelming.

K007
10-30-04, 06:36 AM
Diablo fans...thats a very large number of fans if u ask me ^_^

Edge
10-30-04, 03:56 PM
Woot, long live the Nvnews guild! We should set up a PvP match if Rage3d has a guild :p

nVidi0t
10-30-04, 03:59 PM
Hahahaha yeah. What's your username so I can track you down?

PeterJensen
10-30-04, 04:23 PM
addd me to the nvnews guild
User : Majetrix Moootalis

Jocomp10
10-30-04, 09:20 PM
I'll join the guild too
User: Rowen Iranicus

ChrisRay
10-30-04, 11:40 PM
Odd. This really looks graphically like dungeon siege to me. heh

saturnotaku
10-31-04, 12:37 AM
Played it a bit this morning. I can't say I'm overly impressed with it. The control scheme is weird and the targeting system works maybe 50% of the time. I do have to give it kudos for the graphics and near complete lack of lag on the servers. But as of right now, I'm not entirely convinced of spending $50 on this when it comes out.

nVidi0t
10-31-04, 01:50 AM
Welcome Edge, MikeC and PeterJenson! Jocomp, I'll add you as soon as I get home.