PDA

View Full Version : Guild Wars Preview open!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

MatsoN1983
10-28-04, 02:00 PM
the guild wars public preview that was supposed to start tomorror is open already for people who are interested.

you can download the client from

www.guildwars.com

enjoy

PeterJensen
10-28-04, 02:01 PM
this game is ****ing amazing. I will have to own this game, got damn it is pretty.

Vash
10-28-04, 02:08 PM
Just played it for about 45 minutes and I'm very impressed. It's pretty, runs really nice, and playing with other people w/out problems like large travel time rules.

I need to figure out how the heck I buy new weapons and skills and I'll be set. I've already got this game on preorder - I'm really glad it didn't disappoint.

Mr. Hunt
10-28-04, 02:09 PM
Sweet... downloading now... wanted to try this out.

saturnotaku
10-28-04, 02:17 PM
The pre-order CD is sitting in my trunk. Though with DOA:U also there, I'm not sure how much I'll actually play GW this weekend.

Edge
10-28-04, 02:25 PM
Sounds cool, I've been wanting to check this out. Should be quite improved over the E3 demo they had. Are Rangers able to have pets now? In any case, I'll give you all my character name when I get a chance to playing it (at work right now :) ).

Mr. Hunt
10-28-04, 02:32 PM
I am finishing the download right now... but my character is Bartholomew Hunt :\...

Isn't this the MMORPG where you just buy the game and then pay no monthly fee? Or was it you download it free and only pay a monthly fee? Or am I thinking of some other game? lol

EDIT: Bah... when it got to 99% it gave me some error... redownloading from 0 now :(. Hopefully this time it will work and hopefully it won't go at 30 kbps :\.

vampireuk
10-28-04, 02:47 PM
I played the 3 day demo they released a while back and I hated it, it has seriously put me off guildwars after touching that

Mr. Hunt
10-28-04, 02:56 PM
It seems quite good... I like the graphics... the blooming looks nice and the imprints in the sand are nice. My only problem so far is I cannot figure out how to make the chat box smaller (besides getting rid of it completely).

PSYCHODAD
10-28-04, 04:31 PM
Downloading now 43%..........

Graphicmaniac
10-28-04, 05:04 PM
how is the graphic compared to EQ2 ?

and what about the game?

gigapower
10-28-04, 05:08 PM
Its a really pretty game I think.

Graphicmaniac
10-28-04, 05:35 PM
and has no monthly fee :P

superklye
10-28-04, 05:41 PM
i can't wait to try this out!

Mr. Hunt
10-28-04, 08:21 PM
Ok... just got done playing for a few hours (am only off because I crashed :()... made it to level 17 (start at 15) and it is pretty nice. I love how if you want to do a quest you don't HAVE to find a group... you can get NPCs to help you with the quest which is nice. I also love how you leave footprints so you know when you are running in circles.

theultimo
10-28-04, 09:46 PM
I'd buy it for this simple reason:

DIABLO 1/2 MAKERS MADE THIS GAME :)

Mr. Hunt
10-28-04, 09:58 PM
So what are your names? I am a level 17 Ranger/Monk named Bartholomew Hunt :\.

MustangSVT
10-28-04, 10:43 PM
I'm a level 15 (still) Ranger/Wizard (I think) called Profion Mirrorshade.

Profion - evil guy from the DnD movie (crappy movie, but it was funny/interesting in a cheesy sort of way)
Mirrorshade (Bentley) - level 25+ illusionist/thief gnome from baldur's gate 1, owned the bar at the Friendly Inn Keep (or w/e it called)

thunderhippo
10-29-04, 03:12 AM
Talk about a wierd way of marketing..
2-3 day tests? What are they thinking?
And the game doesnt even come out until the 2nd month of 2005!
Why not have a test for the gaming community a little closer to the release date? It only makes sense, with hl2, eq2, wow and all the other stuff that is coming out, i dunno, it just seems odd to me.

CaptNKILL
10-29-04, 03:56 AM
Wow this is crazy, I just downloaded and started playing it... I thought it would be an all night download. It took less than 5 minutes :)

I guess its because it downloads areas as you get to them, so it makes it easier to deal with.

I like this, im going to play it some more tomorrow :)

BTW, it looks pretty nice considering how fast it downloads and how smooth it runs (with bloom on).

Arioch
10-29-04, 09:05 AM
Can someone post some screenshots please? The ones on the website look like cutscenes or cinematic shots to me.

anzak
10-29-04, 09:13 AM
Woah! It looks amazing even on my Radeon 9000. 1280x960 w/ 16xAF runs smooth as silk! The whole game just flows better than it did back at E3. When is the release date?

saturnotaku
10-29-04, 09:36 AM
When is the release date?

February 2005. Don't have an estimated date yet, but I think their timing will be very good because by that time, a lot of us will probably be Halo 2 and Half-Life 2'd out. :)

Vash
10-29-04, 02:33 PM
I've been playing this pretty solid and I'm having a blast. I can't wait for this game to come out. Seeing how the product evolves over the next couple of months as they do more beta events should be very interesting. Now if I can just figure out how to upgrade my weapons/get new ones, I'll be happy. Apparently, no one sells plain weapons; you have to craft 'em. Once I get that figured out, that'll be awsome, but until then, it sucks - I still have the weapon I started w/and I'm lvl 16.

superklye
10-29-04, 03:12 PM
I was only in for about 5 minutes before I had to leave for class but...

I think the game looks great, though, not as good as some screenshots I've seen. I've got everything on max @ 1280x1024 and the graphics, at least textures and the trees in the starting town I'm in, look like crap. :(

This seems to happen no matter what game I get...I crank everything and it still doesn't look as good as other people's screenshots or the back of the box.