PDA

View Full Version : Windows doesn't like my driver

kinkajou
10-30-04, 02:16 AM
Hey guys, I've been having a problem with my geforce driver being recognized by windows. The card is a geforce 3 ti 500 and my problem is that whenever I start up my computer I get a little popup saying that the driver I've installed could cause windows to become unstable so windows has decided to disable it. And whenever I try to uninstall and then install the driver again, windows says that the driver hasn't been windows logo approved and may not work correctly yada yada. The driver is 61.77 and I've also tried older drivers with no success. I also have directx 9c installed on my computer, The card still works, but I'm confused as to whats going on. I tried playing the Guild Wars open beta, and it worked beautifully for a few minutes until a random crash happened which was caused by driver issues.

When I click on the little popup I get this

Component , Status , Update , Help
Video Card, Not Supported , Recommended , Look for driver

This is what nvidia says

" Q:Windows XP is warning me that my driver has not passed Windows Logo testing and can impair or destabilize the correct operation of my operating system. Is it safe for me to proceed with the installation of my driver?

A: Drivers provided by NVIDIA on the NVIDIA.com downloads page have been fully tested by NVIDIA for operating on Windows XP. However, on occasion, we may release a driver which has not been digitally signed by Microsoft, which will result in a Microsoft Windows XP warning message being posted during installation of the NVIDIA driver. This warning message can be safely ignored.

Alternatively, you can disable this message from appearing as follows:

1. Go into your Control Panel.

2. Double-click on the System icon.

3. Click on the Hardware tab.

4. Click on the Driver Signing button.

5. Choose the Ignore option and then press the OK button. "

Unfortunately, this doesn't solve the problem and their helpsheet doesn't list all the problems that I've been having. Any help would be much appreciated.

rewt
10-30-04, 02:22 AM
Download and install a driver that is WHQL certified for your card

rewt
10-30-04, 02:26 AM
For example

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=854

Oh, and BTW welcome to nV News! :)

Kojiro
11-01-04, 02:39 AM
It don't need to be WHQL to work, however the driver must suport your video card inorder to work. Some forceware drivers do not support the entire Geforce or TNT line cards. Just be aware of that.