PDA

View Full Version : Where to Buy an XFX card in Australia

Blueman
10-31-04, 05:06 PM
Hello everyone,

I have searhed a lot of places and i am unable to find a XFX 6800GT 256Mb Card. :cry: I don't know if there is a shortage on the 6800GT cards.

Does anyone know where i can buy one in Aus.

Thanks Guys

BM

crainger
10-31-04, 06:11 PM
I bought mine from AUSPCMarket in August, but I think there is a shortage at the moment as I haven't come across an Aussie store with some in stock for quite awhile.

Blueman
10-31-04, 06:33 PM
I bought mine from AUSPCMarket in August, but I think there is a shortage at the moment as I haven't come across an Aussie store with some in stock for quite awhile.

Thats the place where i have ordered mine 2 weeks ago.... I wonder if Nvidia have done a recall on these chips

Oh well i might be waiting for a long time :cry: :ORDER:

crainger
10-31-04, 06:59 PM
I believe the problem is with the sourcing of the RAM for the GT and Ultras by the card markers themselves.

AUSPCMarket has other GTs in stock. Can I ask why you want the XFX?? Especially since it is $100 more than the Gainwards?

Blueman
10-31-04, 07:16 PM
I believe the problem is with the sourcing of the RAM for the GT and Ultras by the card markers themselves.

AUSPCMarket has other GTs in stock. Can I ask why you want the XFX?? Especially since it is $100 more than the Gainwards?

I don't know why but i read many good reviews for XFX, and the reviews i read about the Gainward is not that great... I'm just looking for a card i don't want to OC it anything like that

I wouldn't mind seeing a review for the XFX card against the Gainward card

BM

crainger
10-31-04, 07:22 PM
Yeah XFX are pretty good. I'm loving my card. I choose my XFX mainly coz when I went to by it I had a choice between an XFX 6800GT instock for $800 or a heap of other cards on pre order for almost $900-1000. Has a decent games bundle too. New ones have Doom3 bundled. Which could be another reason for the XFX delay here. Might be conflicting with the Doom3 ATi X800Pro bundle we had for awhile or something

Who knows

Blueman
10-31-04, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the info.. i wonder when they will arrive

BM