PDA

View Full Version : Just reserved Ever Quest 2!

Sovereignxp
10-31-04, 06:33 PM
Ok, I just did it. I just reserved Ever Quest 2. I hope I'm not gunna be disappointed with the game. So far from what I've seen it looks like it will be awesome.

Oh yeah Half Life 2 is reserved as well. I can't wait!

Anyhow if you reserve EQ2, you get a Startup Kit. It allows you to create your character and save it. When the game comes out you can Import that character into EQ2 when it launches! You will also get a pair of Haste boots.

The boots are exclusive to Pre Orders only via the Starter Kit. It is said you can get the boots in the game, but you have to do a very difficult high level quest to score a pair.

Now if you buy the collector's DVD edition you will get your very own baby dragon. Kewl huh? I opted for the cheaper version because I think itís a little steep for the collectors DVD edition @ 89.99.

Anyone played a beta version of EQ2? If so what is your opinion?

ChrisRay
10-31-04, 08:01 PM
Playing beta right now, I have it preordered, I have mixed opinions of it. The negative are mostly trivial things so far the games good.

Its "Slow" it makes my system crawl at times @ 1204x768 with 4x AA/16x AF.

Xav
10-31-04, 08:16 PM
NM..posted in other thread.

JootecFromMars
11-01-04, 01:56 PM
Its "Slow" it makes my system crawl at times @ 1204x768 with 4x AA/16x AF.

I've always found AF to kill framerate in D3D. Drop to 8x or 4x and see what happens.

Melhisedek
11-01-04, 02:39 PM
I heard that AA is not working ? Can you confirm this ChrisRay?

I have also preordered EQ2 =) Never played EQ before so I hope it'll be worth it =)

What about making some nvnews guild or something ? I'm in for starters!

ChrisRay
11-01-04, 05:01 PM
I heard that AA is not working ? Can you confirm this ChrisRay?

I have also preordered EQ2 =) Never played EQ before so I hope it'll be worth it =)

What about making some nvnews guild or something ? I'm in for starters!

You have to disable Bloom for AA to work.