PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Assualt Review!!!!

MUYA
11-01-04, 05:02 AM
http://www.gamers-depot.com/games/action/moh_pa/001.htm

SH64
11-01-04, 05:15 AM
Nice review with the details i was looking for .

Pluses:
+Intense Single Player scenarios
+Rich environments
+Good-looking player models
+Decently hard AI
+Incredible music and sound effects

Minuses:
-Uninspired Multiplayer
-Forced Registration for online Play
-Some of the graphics look a bit dated
Final Rating: 4 ½ Drips.

Additionally, the rather steep system requirements might make folks not enjoy the game as much as EA had hoped – we had little issues running it on a 3.4GHz EE P4 with an X800 XT card, most folks don’t have high-end like that - most folks will not have a system with those kind of specs. Sure you can turn down many of the graphical details which strain the system, but there’s so much going on in this game, that having a solid CPU is critical to an enjoyable experience too. The other thing to bear in mind that turning down the graphical detail also makes the game look drab.

i'm getting the game as soon as its available here :clap:

superklye
11-01-04, 08:41 AM
That game has such ridiculous requirements...with everything cranked at 1280x1024, it ran at like 2fps for me.

Nitz Walsh
11-01-04, 10:28 AM
That game has such ridiculous requirements...with everything cranked at 1280x1024, it ran at like 2fps for me.
Due to your 512 megs of ram. It's a huge memory hog.

superklye
11-01-04, 11:18 AM
Due to your 512 megs of ram. It's a huge memory hog.
so that really is it? if I had a gig it would be a lot smoother?

Gaco
11-01-04, 11:45 AM
well im running fine in 1280*1024 all settings up, and im having 1 gb.. so yeah, I would think so too ;)

Nitz Walsh
11-01-04, 03:28 PM
Well, just look at your HD light - is it blinking like mad when playing the game? It probably is, as it did with my demo. Disk/texture thrashing are quite easy performance issues to detect. I still doubt it would fly even with a gig if you max out all the settings, but this is the first game I've come across that actually needs a gig just to be decently playable.

aaahhh52
11-01-04, 04:41 PM
x404x - Fubar - d0h!

GamersDepot.com

This page has moved or is no longer available.
This condition may be temporary or permanent.
An alternate reference to it may be found here

Thank you.

jAkUp
11-01-04, 04:51 PM
Doom3 is another game that is suffers alot of disk thrashing on 512mb. Trust me, when you move up to a gig the difference is like night and day.

aAv7
11-01-04, 04:56 PM

seeing as you have a high-end video card a decent cpu and a great psu, I say it's the lack of a gig of memory. I had the same problem with FarCry, alot of hiccups, stuttering, etc with 512MB, I bought a second stick and it runs fine now.

superklye
11-01-04, 07:09 PM
But I really have no problems with FarCry at all with everything maxed, 8xAA/AF...I used that RivaTuner fix and now it runs like a dream.

Though, I admit, I would LOVE another 512MB. I'm hoping I get a stick for Christmas this year.

SH64
11-05-04, 10:16 PM
More reviews :

Gspot (8.3/10)
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/medalofhonorpacificassault/review.html

Worthplaying (8.7/10)
http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=21237

Gaco
11-06-04, 05:47 AM
And gamespy:

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/medal-of-honor-pacific-assault/564059p1.html

"The latest in the Medal of Honor series has some memorable moments, but falls a bit short of the games that inspired it."

The Final Word

Pacific Assault is a tale of two games. It looks and sounds great, the production values are top-notch, there are some inspired set pieces that are genuinely fun to play through, and the multiplayer looks extremely promising. However, unlike its counterparts set in the European theater, I simply didn't enjoy the basic combat, and the high difficulty, combined with the long level reload times, rapidly turned the game into a frustrating experience.

More than anything, Pacific Assault feels like it's missing the balance, finesse and polish of games like Allied Assault and Call of Duty. Hardcore fans of those two games will probably find something to enjoy here -- just don't set your expectations too high.

Pros: Some great set pieces; top-notch production values; new "Invader" multiplayer mode.

Cons: The jungle levels are long and tedious; cheating AI hurts the combat; high difficulty and long level reload times.

Rating: 3½/5

MustangSVT
11-06-04, 11:32 AM
Having a gig of ram isn't going to improve performance ten times to make it from 2fps to 20fps (which would still be unplayable). Yes it does add to performance, maybe 10% at best, and less minimum fps I guess. Anyway, this demo ran very slow for me (Barton 2.4GHz, 1GB DDR400, 6800GT) with 1024x768 4xAA 8xAF and everything to highest, as in around 25-35fps. :retard:

LiquidX
11-06-04, 11:38 AM
Having a gig of ram isn't going to improve performance ten times to make it from 2fps to 20fps (which would still be unplayable). Yes it does add to performance, maybe 10% at best, and less minimum fps I guess. Anyway, this demo ran very slow for me (Barton 2.4GHz, 1GB DDR400, 6800GT) with 1024x768 4xAA 8xAF and everything to highest, as in around 25-35fps. :retard:

AA has no affect. Turn off AA/AF and max out everything at 1600x1200 70 res and it WILL run better that 1024x768 4xAA 8xAF. Not every game runs well with AA/AF and at 1600 you really dont need it. You guys are just killing your performance for no reason at lesser quality.

SH64
11-06-04, 12:00 PM
AA seems to have no effect on the demo , though i think when i forced it through the CP i get my performance down . maybe it will work if you disable the post processing effects ??

btw SVT's monitor only supports up to 1152x864 only . thats what he cant play @1600x1200 :p