PDA

View Full Version : Chronic Case of Corrupted Drivers

cadoras99
11-02-04, 08:13 AM
My situation is simply as follows. About once a week since installing Windows XP SP2 (clean install from format, with slipstreamed disc) my computer just plain old screws up. Signal will stop being sent to my monitor in Windows, I get pink and green artifacts all over my screen, my computer just plain old farts out on me and restarts, Counter-strike source, slows to 1 FPS and i can't play, etc etc etc. Everytime, I uninstall NVIDIA drivers, run driver cleaner 3.0, reinstall and everything is fine. A week later, it starts acting up again. I am thinking this is related to SP2 because I didn't have this problem for 2 months under SP1. Temperature is fine, problems may come up in Windows, games, browsing the web, anytime. I have used about 5 different driver versions all with the same results.

Any suggestions?

System Specs:

Windows XP Pro w/SP2
Pentium 4 3.0c ghz
1024 MB RAM
BFG 6800GT OC
SB Audigy 2 ZS PLatinum

cadoras99
11-02-04, 09:27 AM
Well sheeyit. No sooner do I post than it screws up again. Only nooooow if I install an NVIDIA driver, it won't even boot into Windows at all, my monitor just goes dead when it starts to load and I have to power off. :nanahump:

Am I the only one with problems like this? Oh well, this gives me the excuse to format I wanted 6+and get rid of this POS service pack 2.

Dodga UK
11-02-04, 09:31 AM
Sounds like one of your cards memory modules is fubar'd.(inv) The whole SP2 thing may well turn out to be coincidence.

Artifacts tend often to be GFX card memory or mem-bus related from my experience.

I'd think about RMA'ing the card and go from there. I know it sounds sucky especially if the retailer hasn't any in stock.