PDA

View Full Version : Green tint from BFG 6800GT......?????

dylanblada
11-02-04, 10:47 AM
I was testing out my uhh... ATI 9700 Pro in my friend's PC. I plugged it in in place of his BFGTech 6800 GT OC. Of course, it didn't work. But when I put the 6800 back in, there was a greenish tint in Windows XP (even from the boot screen). We tested it with another moniter and cable, but the same greenness is showing. It seems like the red channel doesn't quite come through. I can't tell if it's just Windows because the bios has no colors in it before the Xp loading screen. No amount of RGB, brightness, or contrast tweking will help. What the hell is going on?????? Thanks for any help.

BTW, this is a great set of forums. Don't worry, I'll be getting my nVidia soon....

theultimo
11-02-04, 11:26 AM
did you try a different cable? DVI/VGA adapter or other port?

Maybe you hosed the port, of have a pin stuck in the primary port.

dylanblada
11-02-04, 02:09 PM
Well, using the adapter worked. Thanks. I actually did try it last night, but I didn't realize that it had to be restarted. So, porblem solved.
Baaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StoNer
11-02-04, 05:31 PM
i was gonna say try booting to CMOS since its blue >.< but neway good job fixing ur problem w/e it was. :clap:

H3avyM3tal
11-03-04, 03:49 AM
I got a prob like this a long time ago.
I had to send my screen for repairs, luckily it didn't cost much.

Sovereignxp
11-03-04, 11:56 PM
Yeah, I have seen this problem before. It is due in part by a bad connection from the video card and the monitor.