PDA

View Full Version : HaloČ Feedback Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

circuitbreaker8
11-03-04, 10:14 PM
Wow....awesome! 5 more days.....5....more...days.

WeReWoLf
11-03-04, 10:58 PM
i found some Halo 2 audio outtakes... just gotta find someone to host em

Sovereignxp
11-04-04, 12:15 AM
Omg! Omg! Omg!

November is the awsome month of '04!

WOOOT!

CainSyris
11-04-04, 01:37 AM
Roger that. Preparing for midnight attack run, date... November 8th.

Target? EBgames. Beginning attack run...

Gaco
11-04-04, 02:34 AM
Hmm, it seems that Gmail doesn't allow for very large attachments (Sorry Gaco!), so for now here's the first part of the movie from the topic creator's link in higher resolution. Enjoy it while you can, before Angelfire shuts it down ;)

http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/edge3/halo2_mini.avi (about 10 megs)

aaw man :(

Well did you try to send it through the website I linked for you? (http://s7.yousendit.com/)

theultimo
11-04-04, 07:28 AM
Heh, i did like this blurb.

42. jontaba80: What is your official statement about moronic gamers who actually think that Half-Life 2, Golden Eye: Rogue Agent, or Doom 3 are considered competition for Halo 2? I know what i say about it but i cant write any of it in these forums because I would use too many four-lettered words. Short n sweet though, I think those gamers are a joke.

a. That's great.

Toss3
11-04-04, 08:54 AM
aaarrgh... just checked the release date here in Finland and it's set to 11.11.2004 :(:(:(:( omg can't wait any longer.... want my.. my... my ... precious...

Edge
11-04-04, 12:22 PM
aaw man :(

Well did you try to send it through the website I linked for you? (http://s7.yousendit.com/)

I'm not sure if that would work, since Gmail still only allows you to recieve attachments of 10mb. But, I'll give it a try later on if you want.

BTW, for those who are interested both Gamespot and IGN will be posting their Halo 2 reviews on November 7th I believe.

Vash
11-04-04, 02:32 PM
Those who are interested in getting the soundtrack might want to get to their local EB - the soundtrack doesn't come out to the 9th, but EB already has it and they were perfectly willing to sell me one.

circuitbreaker8
11-04-04, 02:36 PM
I'm not sure if that would work, since Gmail still only allows you to recieve attachments of 10mb. But, I'll give it a try later on if you want.

BTW, for those who are interested both Gamespot and IGN will be posting their Halo 2 reviews on November 7th I believe.

I expect nothing lower than a 9.9 :p

Gaco
11-04-04, 03:52 PM
I don't know if you guys noticed, but gamershell put out quite a large Halo 2 trailer on http://www.gamershell.com/news/18317.html . Its very long, 4:10 and it shows very much new footage... Perhaps too much. I would have liked, if gamershell had put out a spoilerwarning, its actually that bad. But if you wanna see a very cool trailer with some of the best new rockin' Halo music I have heard so far (we love you Martin O'Donnel!), get it immediately!! :D

Toss3
11-04-04, 04:15 PM
gaco.. don't spoil the fun :( you know there are people that just can't resist clicking on links :D or is it just me? well, at least I hope the game will look as good as it does in the movie and run just as good(it's obviously run on a computer or am I just imagening things :D?) btw. Gaco you should put a nice big spoiler warning in front of the link :D that might help some of us resist the temptation... :)

OldOfEvil
11-04-04, 04:17 PM
My xbox is in another state. I might have to buy another one if I can't get mine sent up soon. I needs my Halo 2!

Edge
11-04-04, 04:18 PM
I don't know if you guys noticed, but gamershell put out quite a large Halo 2 trailer on http://www.gamershell.com/news/18317.html. Its very long, 4:10 and it shows very much new footage... Perhaps too much. I would have liked, if gamershell had put out a spoilerwarning, its actually that bad. But if you wanna see a very cool trailer with some of the best new rockin' Halo music I have heard so far (we love you Martin O'Donnel!), get it immediately!! :D

Ahh, is that the one that's sortof in music video format and shows a few of the "elite" things you can do during the singleplayer? Yeah, I think I saw part of that before people mentioned it had a lot of spoilers. Looked quite cool...but I'll watch it after I finish Halo 2 :p

gaco.. don't spoil the fun :( you know there are people that just can't resist clicking on links :D or is it just me? well, at least I hope the game will look as good as it does in the movie and run just as good(it's obviously run on a computer or am I just imagening things :D?) btw. Gaco you should put a nice big spoiler warning in front of the link :D that might help some of us resist the temptation... :)

Use your willpower man, you must resist the lure of the dark side!

saturnotaku
11-04-04, 04:35 PM
Those who are interested in getting the soundtrack might want to get to their local EB - the soundtrack doesn't come out to the 9th, but EB already has it and they were perfectly willing to sell me one.

You'd better bring that tomorrow. :rw: :D

Marcos
11-04-04, 04:54 PM
the 7-11 by my office is going to be selling halo 2.

7 freaking 11

Vash
11-04-04, 06:07 PM
You'd better bring that tomorrow. :rw: :D

Duh. :D

Edge
11-04-04, 07:22 PM
Hehe, I was just at my local Gamestop seeing what I could get for trading a few of my games and DVDs, and they have a Master Chief statue in the middle of the store :D . Not a big one, about 2 feet high and mounted on top of a small display case, made of...beats me, some soft material, but I still thought it was funny to see a statue of a videogame character. Hmm, I should inquire what they're going to do with it after it's outlived it's stay...maybe I could convince one of them to "give" it to me ;)

Edit: BTW Vash, any chance you could rip a few tracks from the Halo 2 soundtrack and host it somewhere so we can hear what it sounds like? I'm a fan of the music from Halo 1, it would be nice to see if Halo 2 matches up. Or if you don't want to host it somewhere, Gmail has an attachment limit of 10mb...*cough* ;)

redoulent
11-05-04, 11:05 AM
I'll care when it is on the PC. I refuse to buy an XBOX. 64MB of memory? what were you thinking Microsoft. And encouraging the XBOX over the PC platform? What you don't like OS sales?

I have nothing against console gaming. I just hate Microsoft trying to corrupt another market. :nanahump:

Gaco
11-05-04, 01:07 PM
I'll care when it is on the PC. I refuse to buy an XBOX. 64MB of memory? what were you thinking Microsoft. And encouraging the XBOX over the PC platform? What you don't like OS sales?

I have nothing against console gaming. I just hate Microsoft trying to corrupt another market. :nanahump:

In comparison, PS2 has 32Mb RAM, while xbox is having the double 64Mb. 64Mb was a lot back in 2001 for consoles. And I think that the Xbox has proven it's graphic capabilities more than a few times now ;)

|JuiceZ|
11-05-04, 01:18 PM
In comparison, PS2 has 32Mb RAM, while xbox is having the double 64Mb. 64Mb was a lot back in 2001 for consoles. And I think that the Xbox has proven it's graphic capabilities more than a few times now ;)

If taken into acct how long the XBOX has been out, its had a fairly impressive run to enter the market as a "new" console. Although M$ using its strong financial assets for marketing can do wonders for just about any product.

Edge
11-05-04, 06:26 PM

Erm, I don't see what RAM has to do with anything. There are NO loading times in Halo 2...what PC game running on any amount of ram can pull off the same feat? The hardware doesn't matter, what they do with it is what counts. Besides, the Xbox has more RAM than any other console (not to mention a more powerful video processor and a terrific sound system), if anything they advanced consoles more than any other company has.

And since when has MS been encouraging Xbox development over the PC? They still give the DirectX SDK out for free, right? It's not like they're giving money to companies to make games ONLY for Xbox (excluding Bungie since that was a buyout, and they still ended up releasing Halo on the PC). In fact, they've stated several times that they consider the two markets totally seperate. And Longhorn is (supposedly) going to contain advancements for games, so it's not like they're pulling back PC game support, either. PC gamers don't lose anything, and consoles get better...I see no downside. Now I'm able to play games like Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders and Ninja Gaiden on consoles while still being able to play games such as Half-life 2 and Farcry on the PC. No real reason not to play games on every platform you can anymore.

Gaco
11-05-04, 07:42 PM
I yeah, and god forbit they do like Halo 1, cause it litterly sucked on the PC. It was SO much better on Xbox. I guess it'll be the same with Halo 2, but I could be wrong.. :)

circuitbreaker8
11-05-04, 09:03 PM
I yeah, and god forbit they do like Halo 1, cause it litterly sucked on the PC. It was SO much better on Xbox. I guess it'll be the same with Halo 2, but I could be wrong.. :)

I dont know why people keep bringing up the PC version, its not coming out in the next 3 years!

FierceDeityLink
11-05-04, 09:07 PM
The Making of Halo 2 premieres on MTV tonight at 11p.m. EST Friday night