Linx419: rocks
Linx419: when you pull it off a few times
Linx419: ****in amazing
Linx419: and still is fun after that
Linx419: dual weilding
Linx419: darn sweet
Linx419: takes time getting use to it
LeAnBaCk988: cool cool
LeAnBaCk988: so its better than halo 1 huh?
LeAnBaCk988: lol
LeAnBaCk988: do they repeat textures like crazy like they did in halo 1?
Linx419: easly
Linx419: na
LeAnBaCk988: cool cool
LeAnBaCk988: how ar the explosions
LeAnBaCk988: they looked kinda weak compared to halo 1
Linx419: um
Linx419: frag are weaker
LeAnBaCk988: = /
Linx419: plasma are wayy better
LeAnBaCk988: frags in halo 1 owned every game
LeAnBaCk988: its a shame they messed with it
Linx419: yea thats true
Linx419: still look good
Linx419: but they are bigger in halo 1
LeAnBaCk988: blows
Linx419: then agian
Linx419: i didnt ****i around a lot
LeAnBaCk988: how do the guns sound
Linx419: this time though
Linx419: im going for the story
Linx419: and new weapons
Linx419: then il go back and **** around
LeAnBaCk988: lol
Linx419: but let me tell you
Linx419: one of the most impressive things in this game
Linx419: is the way melee attacks feel
Linx419: ****in PERFECT
LeAnBaCk988: really?
Linx419: animation, screen shake, force feedback
Linx419: they did a crazy good job
Linx419: yes
LeAnBaCk988: better than 1?
Linx419: sword owns so much
Linx419: wayyy better
Linx419: it feels like your lunging forwerd
LeAnBaCk988: nice
LeAnBaCk988: cant wait
Linx419: for sure!
LeAnBaCk988: what level are u on

Edge
11-06-04, 09:47 PM
Bah, this just makes the 3 day wait seem even longer. Damn you Gamestop, why couldn't you break the street date!

Oh, and yes, the game definatly uses ragdolls once the body is on the ground, I know I've seen that effect in a few videos.

circuitbreaker8
11-06-04, 10:07 PM
Awesome, have a link to a vid that shows it?

Edge
11-06-04, 10:54 PM
Hmm, I'm not sure if the place I got it from still has it up, and even if it did I'm not totally sure if I should post it (since the game isn't supposed to be out yet but it was user-made), but hold on a bit, I'll see if I can dig it up...

Edit: hmm, looks like it was taken down, sorry. But there will probably be a few more up in the meantime, there's been a few of those videos floating around lately. I'll post a link here when more appear if that's OK with the mods ;)

bmg
11-07-04, 12:32 AM
Bah, this just makes the 3 day wait seem even longer. Damn you Gamestop, why couldn't you break the street date!

Oh, and yes, the game definatly uses ragdolls once the body is on the ground, I know I've seen that effect in a few videos.
My Gamestop order status has changed to "Processing" so hopefully it ships Monday. I paid the extra 10 bucks for next day delivery of course.

Edge
11-07-04, 01:23 AM
Blah, I'm stupid: turns out the links I downloaded the videos from are still valid, it was just denying me the directory listing of them. Anyway, here's a link to one of them, you can definatly see ragdolling in this video (if it's not OK to post the video let me know): http://www.freeipodproof.com/halo/halo2_lockout.wmv
And for those that lack self-control: IF YOU DON'T WANT SOME ASPECTS OF THE MULTIPLAYER SPOILED FOR YOU, DON'T DOWNLOAD THE VIDEO *stares at Toss3* ;)

The video only shows basic 8 player deathmatch without any vehicles, so don't expect any epic battles or anything. The ragdolls look very well-done, they aren't overly-excessive to the point of being unrealistic but they still are quite cool. The video is a bit low-res so everything looks muddy, but you can still see some of the details when the camera gets close enough to it. I love how the Plasma Sword looks when you swing it, can't wait to try that thing out online :drooling:

circuitbreaker8
11-07-04, 01:54 AM
Oh....my>>>gawd!

Gaco
11-07-04, 11:25 AM
Remember guys, stay tuned for gamespys review of Halo 2, which should be online sunday at noon, I don't remember which time.
Anyway, the danish gamesite "Gamereactor" just got their review online today. I will translate the conclusion, cons and pros to the best of my ability:

"Halo 2 is everything we can expect from a sequel to one of the best games ever. We didn't drop our jaws out of sheer surprise as with the original, because we never really expected Halo 2 to be a one-off affair from Bungie. Just the fact, that they have been able to do so much new without ruining the magic, that made Halo so incredible fun, is a fine achievement in itself, however we still dare claim that Halo 2 is a better game in all respects. An unfair comparison, taking into consideration that the original was made in a year, but now Bungie has had all the time they need, and they have certainly not wasted a second. One can always be fussy and criticize small details, but it cannot be denied, that this is sublime entertainment, which sets the standard in every aspect."

Cons:
Fantastic graphics, formidable sound and spell-binding gameplay in both single- and multiplayer.
Pros:
You must have knowledge to the history in Halo to get the full experience.

Graphics: 10
Sound: 10
Gameplay: 10
Value: 10

Overall: 10/10

Source: http://www.gamereactor.dk/texter/?id=58363

circuitbreaker8
11-07-04, 11:53 AM
Awesome Gaco, thanks :D We should have a NVnews clan or something :D Those screenshots dont do the game justice though. :retard:

Sovereignxp
11-07-04, 11:56 AM
Somone warm up the Wart Hog! Cause im ready for a speeding ticket!

Gaco
11-07-04, 02:19 PM
Awesome Gaco, thanks :D We should have a NVnews clan or something :D Those screenshots dont do the game justice though. :retard:

Yeah, cool, clanmaking should be REAL easy in Halo 2 as a function of Live :D

circuitbreaker8
11-07-04, 02:22 PM
I showed my freind those screens from that danish site and he was shocked that the site could release such nasty images! He said the final version looks 50x better than that....maybe they're just bad screen captures + low res jpegs...unno.

Gaco
11-07-04, 02:58 PM
Well I asked the review and he said, that those were just some screenshots from the press kit, but he fully agreed that those screenshots doesn't do the game justice ;)

Now to wait... ****ty european release dates, you lucky americans gets it 2 days before us!! :(

Gaco
11-07-04, 03:04 PM
IGN's Halo 2 review is online!!!!1!111!!

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/557/557509p1.html

Summery:

9.5 Presentation
While the presentation is, in many ways, superb -- with a great story, pacing, etc., the ending is tricky, and the cutscenes often show pop-in.

9.5 Graphics
Everything is higher res, more polished, and the lighting, special effects, and animation all top-notch. The Normal Mapping is cool, but imperfect and sometimes troublesome.

10 Sound
The superb use of Dolby 5.1 sound colors everything with realism. The music is excellent, while the sound effects, voice-acting, & the well-known musical guests appearances work in surprisingly well.

10 Gameplay
You've got one great storyline, one hell-of-an-improved single-player game with dual-wielding, jacking, and more weapons, and some surprises.

10 Lasting Appeal
The single-player game is about 10-15 hours depending on how good you are. The online portion is unbelievably good. It surpasses everything else on Xbox Live 10-fold.

9.8 OVERALL :D

For detailed review and closing comments, read it for yourselfs.. thats what I'm doing now... And don't remember to check all the net for other reviews, now is REVIEW TIME!!! (gamespy, gamespot ect..)

circuitbreaker8
11-07-04, 03:13 PM
Wow Nice :d

Gaco
11-07-04, 03:16 PM
Gamespy's review is now online!!!!"11!

http://xbox.gamespy.com/xbox/halo-2/564301p1.html

"The most anticipated game in the history of the Xbox is finally here. Was it worth the wait?"

Pros: Fantastic, immersive storyline; gorgeous graphics, particularly the detailed textures; amazing audio; the best Xbox Live experience you'll ever have.

Cons: Some minor graphical glitches; co-op mode is limited to split screen.

Overall: 5/5
Multiplayerfactor: Great!

OMG!! :nanahump: :D :nanahump: :D

circuitbreaker8
11-07-04, 03:20 PM
GAMESPOT: 9.4?!

WTF?! Halo 1 got 9.7.....

Gaco
11-07-04, 03:22 PM
The danish reviewer for Gamereactor is just listening to Gamespot's Video Review with Greg Kasavin. I am chatting with him right now on MSN Messenger and he is just so upset and says Greg is SO wrong in his judgement!
Even though I haven't played Halo 2 yet, I know from previews and other reviews, that Halo 2's storyline is one of the greatest things about Halo 2. And in Gamespot's summery, it says:

"Despite a rather short campaign and a disappointing storyline, Halo 2 is an exceptional shooter that frequently delivers thrilling, memorable, and unique moments in its online, co-op, and single-player modes. - Greg Kasavin" (omg, what a gay me thinks)

And just the fact that they give Halo 2 less than Halo one tells us more about Gamespot than it tells us about Halo 2 - they are simply saying the exact opposite things of what all the other reviewers are saying!!
Anyway, I am not letting this little incident spoil my good mood today, people are gonna buy Halo 2 no matter what! (and Gamespots users usally complain pretty good when GS ****s their reviews up - which is pretty often :D)

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/halo2/review.html?q=1&tag=gs_hp_flashtop_story

Gaco
11-07-04, 03:24 PM
Wow! Even now, Halo 2 manage to maintain the average score of 98% based on 6 reviews! I mean, WOW! Thats even better than HL2 :D

circuitbreaker8
11-07-04, 03:26 PM
What a bunch of tards.

Gaco
11-07-04, 03:43 PM
Ok, here's is a few of Greg Kasavin's points for ya:

If you are Halo fan, you will properbly play on the easiest settings and thus finish the campaign in 8-10 hours and therefor / anyway the story is disappointing"
- the very opposite of every other review out there.

Another point:

This time around, we're actually seeing the game from the covernants perspective too and we are led to understand why they're at war with us. However, I would much rather play "The good guys vs. the bad guys" and there are two sides of this thing is just too complicated and that confuses me"
- Typical american (no offense!!) and besides the exact opposite of every other other review out there...

So I wouldn't take Gamespot's review too seriously...

Gaco
11-07-04, 03:46 PM
Anyway, keep an eye on gamerankings Halo 2 gamespace and keep yourself opdated with other Halo 2 reviews. For me, it's time to actually read the reviews, not just looking at scores. Good night ;)

theultimo
11-07-04, 03:52 PM
Ok, here's is a few of Greg Kasavin's points for ya:

If you are Halo fan, you will properbly play on the easiest settings and thus finish the campaign in 8-10 hours and therefor / anyway the story is disappointing"
- the very opposite of every other review out there.

Another point:

This time around, we're actually seeing the game from the covernants perspective too and we are led to understand why they're at war with us. However, I would much rather play "The good guys vs. the bad guys" and there are two sides of this thing is just too complicated and that confuses me"
- Typical american (no offense!!) and besides the exact opposite of every other other review out there...

So I wouldn't take Gamespot's review too seriously...

Same reason I'm really antipacting HL2, too. The story looks to be phoenominal(sp?). I think Halo 2's storyline with be much better then the 1st, too.