PDA

View Full Version : Halo² Feedback Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

circuitbreaker8
11-02-04, 08:47 PM
http://img89.exs.cx/img89/8809/h2cd.gif

:::HALO 2:::

Whoooooo! I cant believe its finally here! One more LONG week...I think I can do it.....not sure. Anyways, lets use this as the main halo 2 thread for NVnews.net, and please, if you dont have anything good to say, dont post in here. I havnt preordered yet, but i'm gonna go to Best Buy tomorrow and reserve it...think I have a chance? Here are some never before seen shots :D

http://img128.exs.cx/img128/4041/562116_20041105_screen089.jpg

Halo 2 site (http://bungie.com/Games/Halo2/)

*NEW* Halo 2 footage : ) (http://www.filerush.com/download.php?target=halo2_low_xbox_promo.wmv)

Whats a game without music? (http://halo2.nilerogers.com/H2MultitrackPlayer/H2MultitrackPlayer.htm)

The Final Verdict:

Game Informer: 10/10 GOTM
EGM: 10/10/10 GOTM
(US) OXM: 9.7
(UK) OXM: 10
(AUS) OXM: 10
TeamXbox: 9.9
GamePro: 5/5
GMR Mag: 10/10
Famitsu: 37/40
GameReactor: 10/10
IGN.com: 9.8/10
Gamespot: 9.4
Gamespy: 5 stars!
Yahoo! games: 10/10

Gameranking: 98% thus far:nanahump:

Can you say console GOTY? I think so :)

:drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling:

WeReWoLf
11-02-04, 08:58 PM
I got the tin collectors box preordered. It should arrive on the 9th or 10th.

stncttr908
11-02-04, 09:38 PM
If I had my Xbox at school with me I'd probably fail out. HL2 is already going to test my will power.

Fatman
11-02-04, 11:47 PM
I was a big fan of the first game, definitely looking forward to the sequel. What are the extras in the special edition?

zoth
11-02-04, 11:50 PM
I am so ready!!!! :nanahump:

WeReWoLf
11-02-04, 11:55 PM
- The Making of Halo 2: Behind the Scenes of Bungie Studios
- Featurettes on Game Design,
- Animation,
- Music
- Deleted Scenes
- Outtakes
- Art Gallery
- From Concept to Game Commentaries for the Development Team
- And much more

OWA
11-03-04, 07:53 AM
Yikes, I need to hurry up and finish Halo. I think I'm close to being done so hopefully I'll finish it just in time for Halo 2 and with everything still fresh in my mind.

majortom
11-03-04, 08:06 AM
it looks liike it uses the xbox's gpu to its fullest potential. its purty.

Toss3
11-03-04, 08:14 AM
it looks liike it uses the xbox's gpu to its fullest potential. its purty.
Yes it looks very good :) though games tend to look nicer on preview videos than they actually are... but still, I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of halo2 :D the game looks awesome!! It almost makes me forget about hl2 :D :drooling: :drooling: :drooling:

Riptide
11-03-04, 08:23 AM
Let me be the first to put in the obligatory whine about this game not coming out for the PC. :D

saturnotaku
11-03-04, 08:37 AM
I'll be at the EB at Golf and Roselle roads in Schaumburg at midnight to grab my copy. Anyone else doing the midnight run?

Edge
11-03-04, 09:23 AM
Yup, I'll be at my local Gamestop at midnight on 11/9 to pick it up. It's just been so long since I've done one of those, the last (and only other time) was for my Dreamcast on 9/9/99 :) .

The game certainly sounds improved over the original, it's nice that they didn't have to resort to repeatative environments and such like the first Halo. The only thing that kinda disapoints me from what I've seen is the lack/removal of the real-time shadows (remember that first Halo 2 video? Why doesn't it look like that anymore?). Other than that, the game certainly seems to have enough new toys in it to keep me busy for a while. Lets see how good I can get with the plasma sword :)

Oh, and that's a kinda crappy version of that video, if someone knows of a place I could throw it onto I have a higher-quality, 30 meg version of it. And for those who haven't seen it, here's the 60-second commercial that's being shown on TV for the game: http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_halo_tvextend.mov

Gaco
11-03-04, 09:59 AM
OMG, I just began reading the Halo novels today and they are so good!! I can't let it go, so I gotta get back reading. My goal is to read all three novels and complete Halo before Halo 2's release. This is just as big as HL2 IMO. But it could also just be because Halo 2 closer, I mean we all said that for Doom3 too back in august, bacause that game was closer than HL2.
Anyway, I can't wait to play Halo 2 singleplayer and find out more about the story in the game, its simply awsome! Multiplayer should also be pretty sweet!

Now to wait...

PS: In case a few of you didn't notice, gamespy is covering Halo 2 all week with new interviews everyday, it's really good reading. www.gamespy.com, check it out everyday until sunday, which is review day for all Halo 2 reviews!! :D

EDIT: Damnit, I wanna see that trailer in better quality! I just saw the first couple of seconds, when I read that Edge got it in high-res. Now, WHERE DID YOU GET IT FROM, EDGE?!!

theultimo
11-03-04, 10:20 AM
Amazing with the Geforce 3/4 can do if it is made specifically for it.

Gotta love that, running at 1080i?

LiquidX
11-03-04, 11:08 AM
I cant wait. I have to get a vga adapter so I can play it in all its glory on my monitor. :drooling:

Vash
11-03-04, 12:13 PM
The game certainly sounds improved over the original, it's nice that they didn't have to resort to repeatative environments and such like the first Halo. The only thing that kinda disapoints me from what I've seen is the lack/removal of the real-time shadows (remember that first Halo 2 video? Why doesn't it look like that anymore?).

I think that real time shadow stuff is still in the SP campaign... I know they throttled back the graphics for the MP, but I don't think they've changed anything else. I'm going to have to go back and check out the latest footage, though, to be sure.

Edge
11-03-04, 12:49 PM
Well, even in cutscenes it seems like there isn't much of a shadow system anymore, for example from the video posted at the top of this thread you can see one scene that's the same thing that was shown in the first Halo 2 video, except it doesn't appear to have the shadows that were in the original version (the video quality is a bit fuzzy, but you can still see it looks worse). Still, not that big of a deal, Halo would benefit less from having a real-time shadow system than other games would.

Oh, and to the person who asked, unfortunatly the game only supports 480p, no 720p or 1080i it seems (I doubt a GF3 could be pushed much farther considering how good the graphics already are!). But, it does support widescreen, in fact when you play coop on a widescreen TV to screens are split vertically rather than horazontally so that each player gets a full playing screen.

Gaco
11-03-04, 12:53 PM
Edge, answer my question please!!!!

Edge
11-03-04, 01:17 PM
You had a question? *checks previous messages*. Oh, so you did :)

I actually got it from an Angelfire site that someone posted on a message board (2 of them in fact, it was split up because it was too large for 1 account), but unfortunatly it was taken down a while ago. I'm not sure where else to get it from, but if noone else can find it or has space to host it, I can at least put the first part of it that shows the cutscenes onto an Angelfire account.

Vash
11-03-04, 01:37 PM
The official Mat Noguchi response to the "why no 1080i?" question is:

We tried it once. The Xbox caught on fire.

Found, with other questions answered, here. (http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?story=asknoguchi&p=966744)

Edge
11-03-04, 01:43 PM
LOL! God that's great, somehow they make 20 pages of unproductive nonsense seem entertaining. Good old Bungie, they sure do have a sense of humor.

Mr. Hunt
11-03-04, 02:17 PM
Well... I really
if you dont have anything good to say, dont post in here.

Errr... nevermind.

WeReWoLf
11-03-04, 05:00 PM
68. Spine Breaker: Whats up with the new I LOVE BEES stuff theres like Audio clips of of things about Halo Like Its from a movie or sumthin but it talks about Reach and the Covenant and then Reach got glassed but its in different every day people talkin in these audio clips. So please enlighten me NOGUCHI. If u dont answer this ill go insane!!!!!!! I have to Know who made this and where is it from!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! LOL. NOGUCHI Hook me up with ure Awesome answer to my question.

a. What the hell is I LOVE BEES?

ROFL

Edge
11-03-04, 07:13 PM
Hmm, it seems that Gmail doesn't allow for very large attachments (Sorry Gaco!), so for now here's the first part of the movie from the topic creator's link in higher resolution. Enjoy it while you can, before Angelfire shuts it down ;)

http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/edge3/halo2_mini.avi (about 10 megs)

Edge
11-03-04, 08:20 PM
Heads up, Game Informer just reviewed this game and they gave it...
A 10! I hate Game Informer and don't trust their reviews, but the more the merrier I guess :) . One thing I'm suprised about is that the only loading screen in the game is when you first start it up. Very impressive, since I can't think of any other FPS that doesn't have loading screens every 5 minutes (or 5 minute loading screens...). Here's a really low-res scan of the review: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/Maxthndr/Halo2small.jpg