PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use 3d stereo or digital vibrance?

fuzzbutt99
11-04-04, 10:02 PM
I've seen these features mentioned for the 6800gt but was wondering if anyone actually uses them. I mean, can you really view games in 3d or something? Also, how is the digital vibrance?

Alot of people mention how "washed out" the 6x00 cards seem to be, does digital vibrance make a difference in games? If anyone has screenies that would be cool :nanahump:

saturnotaku
11-04-04, 10:07 PM
Alot of people mention how "washed out" the 6x00 cards seem to be, does digital vibrance make a difference in games? If anyone has screenies that would be cool :nanahump:

Why don't you just try this out for yourself? Some folks swear by it, some folks swear at it. You won't get a consistent answer among the NVIDIA-isti.

ChrisRay
11-04-04, 10:11 PM
looking for screenshots of a post processing effect that occurs on ramdac level is not possible.

-=DVS=-
11-04-04, 10:18 PM
And to use/get 3d stereo you need to buy 3D Stereo Glasses (not cheap), some people liked the effect some didn't its matter of taste.

And 6800 series don't have washed out colors , that was is only correct for older Geforce cards pre FX line. if new cards had poor colors you would see bad reviews about image quality all arround.

Digital Vibrance saturates , alters colors makes them more vibrant more colorfull , good for games that have pale colors.

mustrum
11-05-04, 03:19 AM
These 2 features made me sell my XT PE and swich over to a 6800GT.
Yes i DO use them.
:drooling:

rohit
11-05-04, 03:22 AM
i definitely use digital vibrance!
i donno wats wats 3d stereo!!!!

oh i forgot, digital vibrance really makes my screen look good.
Donno wat wuld b ur opinion towards it? Some guyz call it " LOUSY COLOR CONTRAST INCREASER"

Filibuster
11-06-04, 03:42 PM
And to use/get 3d stereo you need to buy 3D Stereo Glasses (not cheap), some people liked the effect some didn't its matter of taste.

I had fun when I had my stereo glasses, they weren't expensive at all. $21 from Gameve.com. (free shipping) It's not something I would play a game with all the time but certain games/demos were especially fun to see in 3D.

http://www.gameve.com/gve/Store/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=VC-MSI-003

Unfortunately a friend borrowed them and broke them and he was going to fix them but he moved away.

Killall
11-06-04, 04:22 PM
Just got my self ED 3Dstereo goggles, got to get used to em still but they r very cool. And yes everything becomes real 3D, like those 3D books where u have to stare at a picture for like 15 min.. with these goggles ull see direct effect, very cool. There r some bugs.. like 2d object (urr pointer, player names in screen) will often be displayed dubble and hard to see.
Digital vibrance i cant live without. It adds so much more color to urr games, just dont oversaturate it. I owned an ATI card couldnt stand the fact it didnt have DV. Some games just need it.

Filibuster
11-06-04, 04:40 PM
You forgot the / :retard:

Ok, well the bbs makes it that way for me for some reason...I didn't change it. :retard: It always does it for some reason.

Thanks though.