PDA

View Full Version : Audigy 4 Pro released!!!

Pages : [1] 2

Graphicmaniac
11-05-04, 03:04 AM
Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro has been officially released

http://jp.creative.com/corporate/pressroom/releases/welcome.asp?pid=11853

the price is 365$ in Japan

RealLifePixelShader
11-05-04, 03:28 AM
DAM DAM DAM DAM !!!!!!!

I just bought my Audigy 2 ZS yesterday Dam!!!!!

But I cant see much diffrence between the A2ZS and the Audigy 4

Can you spot the diff

Please let me know If I sould upgrade again and again ....

bkswaney
11-05-04, 04:32 AM

350 to 400 is what I heard for US.
That's way to much for a sound card. :(
:lame:

RealLifePixelShader
11-05-04, 04:57 AM
And spec wise is it better I cant find much diffs

Graphicmaniac
11-05-04, 12:03 PM
i know nothing about it, just know its annunced eheh

whe i hopen the page i just see alot of

??????????????????????????
??????????????????
???????????????

lol :)

harl
11-05-04, 12:09 PM
DAM DAM DAM DAM !!!!!!!

I just bought my Audigy 2 ZS yesterday Dam!!!!!

But I cant see much diffrence between the A2ZS and the Audigy 4

Can you spot the diff

Please let me know If I sould upgrade again and again ....

108 dB => 144dB?

Anything more?

jAkUp
11-05-04, 12:17 PM
Try this:
http://world.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?url=http%3A%2F%2Fjp.creative.com %2Fcorporate%2Fpressroom%2Freleases%2Fwelcome.asp% 3Fpid%3D11853&lp=ja_en

Any reason to skip 3? I know in Japan 4 means death, thats why a few companies including Arctic Silver skip it, but 3??

bkswaney
11-05-04, 12:53 PM
If only they had good driver support.
I've had more problems with soundblaster stuff
it's not even funny.

Right now I'm using the built in sound
on my mobo.
I have a Audigy 1 but do not use it.
I had all kind of crashes with my rig using it. :(

The best sound card I ever used and
wish I still had was a Herc GT XP. :)
I think I'll go back with a Turtle Beach next time.

_Thanatos_
11-05-04, 02:00 PM
Here is link about spec. : http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4006681#productTabDe tails

I expect both - PCI and PCI-express version.

tvlad
11-05-04, 02:34 PM
Well i can say that the drivers aren't that good really, mine kept forgeting their settings after a week or so usually, though the latest update finally seems to have solved that, though what really bugs me is that they aren't able to make an algorithm to transform a stereo source in 5.1 one, their current implementation is only 4.1, the center is mute.

And all the cards that have Sensaura can transform a stereo source into a real 5.1 one, not to mention that i get the center working in Linux with ALSA and in FreeBSD too, and to not get it working in windows, GRRRR.

Btw, i have an Audigy 2, before all the ZS came out .

circuitbreaker8
11-05-04, 04:33 PM
Creative: Great hardware, sh*tty software...

fastguy94416
11-06-04, 01:07 AM
I still like my GTXP. It works well.

Smokey
11-06-04, 05:25 AM
Well i can say that the drivers aren't that good really, mine kept forgeting their settings after a week or so usually, though the latest update finally seems to have solved that, though what really bugs me is that they aren't able to make an algorithm to transform a stereo source in 5.1 one, their current implementation is only 4.1, the center is mute.

And all the cards that have Sensaura can transform a stereo source into a real 5.1 one, not to mention that i get the center working in Linux with ALSA and in FreeBSD too, and to not get it working in windows, GRRRR.

Btw, i have an Audigy 2, before all the ZS came out .

I have no problems getting sound out of all my 7 speakers using CMSS.

The only driver problem that Ive had thus far with my Audigy2 ZS, was the THX control panel wouldnt remember settings, but this has been fix with an update. Four years of using a SBLive, I recall only have one driver problem, and that was with the first driver for XP. One year with an Audigy2, only problem I ever had was with IRQ sharing, which was easiley fixed.

Im sorry for those that have/had problems with Creative sound cards, but not everyone does.

As to this new Audigy, doesnt really seem much of an upgrade at all, better DACs are always good, but how many gamers have the high quality speakers where they will actually hear the difference!

zoomy942
11-06-04, 08:00 AM
i had an audigy platinum, but i was one of the poor sufferers of crappy software, so now i use onboard audio. you know, i cant tell a sound difference and my games play the same.. its nice cause i have no driver issues at all.

Riptide
11-06-04, 08:58 AM
Dude if this sound card is $300 or more forget it. I don't even care if it saves me 5% CPU utilization I'll go onboard before I pay that much for a frickin sound card.

qballshalls2002
11-06-04, 07:56 PM

Is it PCI Express?

Smokey
11-07-04, 08:43 AM
Dude if this sound card is $300 or more forget it. I don't even care if it saves me 5% CPU utilization I'll go onboard before I pay that much for a frickin sound card.

At that price its not just the soundcard, its also the drive bay and stuff that most of us wont need.

Why do you spend so much on your videocard? Maybe for better quality graphics? Well thats why some of us buy expense soundcards and speakers.....better quality sound. Do you watch your movies with just the image and no sound? or do you like great sound in your movies?

And there is no point buying a good soundcard, if you have crap speakers ;)

Smokey
11-09-04, 11:26 AM
Found this LINK (http://www.vr-zone.com.sg/?i=1430&s=1) interesting....Creative's "new" sound chip is due to come out around March '05.

|JuiceZ|
11-09-04, 12:20 PM
Found this LINK (http://www.vr-zone.com.sg/?i=1430&s=1) interesting....Creative's "new" sound chip is due to come out around March '05.

Interesting, thanks for the link.

gmontem
11-09-04, 12:50 PM
At that price its not just the soundcard, its also the drive bay and stuff that most of us wont need.

Why do you spend so much on your videocard? Maybe for better quality graphics? Well thats why some of us buy expense soundcards and speakers.....better quality sound. Do you watch your movies with just the image and no sound? or do you like great sound in your movies?

And there is no point buying a good soundcard, if you have crap speakers ;)
If you're really serious about watching movies at home you would be using a high quality receiver or a preamp/processor to do the DD/DTS decoding, not a soundcard.

Smokey
11-10-04, 05:51 AM
If you're really serious about watching movies at home you would be using a high quality receiver or a preamp/processor to do the DD/DTS decoding, not a soundcard.

Very true, but I dont have the space or the $1,500+ to setup a nice home cinema, I live in a one bedroom apartment. Now for around $600 you can get a pretty decent soundcard and speakers for your pc, and for me that was a good option. :)

wickfut
11-10-04, 11:54 AM
2nd rate soundcard with a large 2nd rate software package

dont know how creative actually managed to get such a strong following anyway

go n buy a m'audio , audiotrak , marc etc - the money goes into the actual sound chips other than putting together 200 free sample editor packages and midi file players

|JuiceZ|
11-10-04, 01:18 PM
2nd rate soundcard with a large 2nd rate software package

dont know how creative actually managed to get such a strong following anyway

go n buy a m'audio , audiotrak , marc etc - the money goes into the actual sound chips other than putting together 200 free sample editor packages and midi file players

This is a prime example of why competition is always good for technological advancement in the pc sector. There's really absolutely nothing driving Creative in the pc soundcard market currently for them to put out anything spectacular because they basically own it. Much better technologies exist out there developed by smaller companies that just don't have the financial backing or marketing prow less to go after Creative.

wickfut
11-10-04, 02:15 PM
creative own it basically for the gamer part of the sound market , anyone with a clue who does audio editing / manipulation or any kind of scoring/recording already knows not to touch them (tho their new EMU sampler cards seem nice)

EciDemon
11-10-04, 02:25 PM
I never had any major problems that an update didnt solve on my Creative cards, Ive been using them since I first got into pc (Sb16>Sb32 8mb>Sb live value>Sb live player 1024> Audigy 2)

I know there have been major problems but from what ive understand it was due to mobo chipsets and stuff.

Anyway, Been using the audigy 2 in my sound fortware since i got the card and it's working just great, very very low latency.

I think it's exciting with a new Creative card, But I wont buy it the second it gets out, they tend to be a bit pricy at first.