PDA

View Full Version : FYI 6800GT corruption and reboots

TRniTrowood
11-05-04, 11:27 AM
I dont know if anyone else has had this issue but I was getting random screen graphics corruption and it would cause my system to reboot...thought my card was going or possibly the PSU..bought a new OCZ 520 and has plenty of power there...but now it was hard to get computer to power up...well after one last ditch effort i bypassed my UPS backups went straight to outlet for power...guess what problem gone so far played all night gaming without a problem...just in case anyone experiences this give it a try.

Decimator
11-05-04, 11:55 AM
I know that UPS stands for Uninterruptible Power Supply, but how is that affecting your graphics card?

ugapug
11-05-04, 02:58 PM
Umm.....no.

Sounds like your UPS has given up the ghost. Possibly because of a voltage spike. So you can either:

a) Buy a new UPS and be protected.

or

b) Run straight from the outlet and possibly have your entire system fry.

Guess which one I recommend?

Zetto
11-05-04, 07:40 PM
UPS usually has overload protection, if it can't handle the load, it'll let u know. I have a similar problem, very bad, related to java applets and Winfast TV program.. crashes every time when I do both simultaneously. Sux major ass. Mebbe driver incompatibility or something?

hyakki
11-05-04, 08:00 PM
I tried running a APC 300 on my newer PC ...560 watt through 300 rated UPS is bad idea :) so yea its bad to run old / out dated ups on a power hungry system as it can restrict power to your system

when power went out it didn't just shut off PC or keep it running for 10 seconds but keep turning it on and off ..hard drives sounded sad clicking a billion times ..
anyways upgraded to 1500va and can backup my PC for 44 minutes at 28% load ..pc at max load will push it to 36%
also has nifty automatic voltage regulator so doesn't resort to the battery unless needed and AC line filter