PDA

View Full Version : 6800 ultra temp.

mushies
11-05-04, 02:47 PM
hi there,
i have a question. what are the normal temp. for this card
i have ASUS V9999Ultra Deluxe, and i have a 65 idle temp, and 79-80 after running heavy graphic games. i know that this is abnormal somehow, but my question is if that can harm my computer/graphic card.

i dont have any cooling system on my computer and i will appriciate if someone will recommend me.

thanx,
mushies.

Marduk
11-05-04, 07:00 PM
hi there,
i have ASUS V9999Ultra Deluxe, and i have a 65 idle temp, and 79-80 after running heavy graphic games. i know that this is abnormal somehow, but my question is if that can harm my computer/graphic card.

i dont have any cooling system on my computer and i will appriciate if someone will recommend me.

thanx,
mushies.

Not dangerous to your card, but you might want to put a few fans in your case.

Darkoz
11-05-04, 09:39 PM
The ASUS Ultras are known to run hotter (and noisier) than most other Ultras, due to it's smaller heatsink.

kahloq
11-05-04, 10:47 PM
Maybe put a vantec dual fan pci card under it?????

anzak
11-05-04, 10:58 PM
The temps are fine, the only reason to change it is for better overclocking or the stock cooler is to noisy. There is only one aftermarket cooler right now and thats the NV Silencer 5. They are $30 at newegg and are highly recommended (not over a stock ultra cooler but you have the smaller GT like heatsink).

TeaEtchSee
11-06-04, 12:16 AM
hi there,

thanx,
mushies.

those are adiquate stock temps...

ya NV Silencer 5 is wicked...mixed dat with some Arctic Silver 5, then its a dun deal...

temps improvment varries on your Towers Airflow...but you will notice your 68OOGT quiter with an NV5 for shure.

my temps: 48c idle (start) 52c idle (1 hour)
62c (max settings on CS:S) 71c RHDRBLT 1.2(what ever that shiet is, but its a 1 hour test)

mushies
11-06-04, 07:38 AM
hi all,
thanks for your replies!

i will consider of buying this NV Silencer 5!, i hope it will reduce my Graphic-Card Temp. and btw, the card noise isn`t bother me much, actully i can hardly hear him ;)
thanks again for your help
mushies

Sgt_Pitt
11-06-04, 07:45 AM
yep chuck a nv5 on it, and consider some cooling for cpu, its like a vicious circle of hot air if you case isnt cooled properly

or as a temp measure take the side off.