PDA

View Full Version : New Half Life 2 info on Gamespot's "On The Spot"

***CENSORED***
11-05-04, 06:44 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/onthespot/index.html

It's a show (streaming video, no registration required), and the first eleven minutes is an interview with the guy who is doing the "Final Hours" article.

For those who don't know, an article was released on Gamespot shortly after Half Life 1 was released that talked about the final hours of the game's development, and the events leading up to it. There's another "Final Hours" article for Half Life 2 being made.

six_storm
11-05-04, 09:34 PM
Awesome. Can't wait till Friday . . . well, Nov 16th :)

LiquidX
11-06-04, 12:10 AM
Interesteing. I didnt know that the dude that stole the code e-mailed Gabe and said sorry then Gabe tried to lore him to the US or the fact Gabe was worried about a beat down at the Alcatraz HL2 release party because there was no HL2 and wanted to get out of there.:lol2:

theultimo
11-06-04, 01:33 AM
Wow, gj getting this before jAkUp :)

jAkUp
11-06-04, 01:49 AM
lol Yea.. you beat me :)

kev13dd
11-06-04, 02:05 AM
15 hours for a gamer? Wow, he calls that solid single player?

K

six_storm
11-06-04, 08:53 AM
15 hours for a gamer? Wow, he calls that solid single player?

K

I'm sure that if a HARDCORE gamer were to try and beat the game in one sitting (also on Medium difficulty) that it would take 15 hours. IMO, I'm sure I would be looking around, playing with physics (aka gravity gun) and those sorts of things. Give me about 25-30 hours and I'll be satisfied. It took me about 15 hours to beat Doom 3 but there really really really wasn't that much eye candy.

aAv7
11-06-04, 01:38 PM
It took me about 15 hours to beat Doom 3 but there really really really wasn't that much eye candy.

You mean you weren't drooling over those dark corridors and low res walls? :lol2:

circuitbreaker8
11-06-04, 02:27 PM
I'm sure that if a HARDCORE gamer were to try and beat the game in one sitting (also on Medium difficulty) that it would take 15 hours. IMO, I'm sure I would be looking around, playing with physics (aka gravity gun) and those sorts of things. Give me about 25-30 hours and I'll be satisfied. It took me about 15 hours to beat Doom 3 but there really really really wasn't that much eye candy.

Lol, sorry to break it to you, but messing the with the physics wont add another 10 hours to the gamplay :lol2:

six_storm
11-06-04, 02:51 PM
Lol, sorry to break it to you, but messing the with the physics wont add another 10 hours to the gamplay :lol2:

Yeah, I know but it will give me something to do lol. As for the low res walls and stuff, how could you not just stare in awe? Wow!