PDA

View Full Version : BFG 6800GT wont flashback from Ultra HELP:)

JCGhz
11-05-04, 11:06 PM
Well, I screwed up.. I flashed my BFG with an Ultra Bios and cant get it to go back to a GT bios. Im now having some stability problems even tho I edited the ultra bios to GT stock settings.

The version of bios I flashed it to is: 5.40.02.15.12 Im trying to go back to the original bios version 5.40.02.15.05

I can reflash .12 version of the bios even after editing it using nvflash -5 command and it still stays as an ultra, any other version I get board id mismatch or GPU mismatch. I've tried all versions of nvflash up to 5.10 and have even tried erasing it.. it still thinks its an Ultra... Does anyone know how to come back to GT from an Ultra bios flash, im stumped. Any help would be greatly appeciated.

Ive even tried wfflash with no success.

Ironmanstl
11-06-04, 12:16 AM
there is a command to over ride the mismatch

I know with nvflash 4.42 the commands are:

nvflash -f namehere.rom -p -u -2

one of those modifiers is the overide.. I don't remember which

let us know if it works out

JCGhz
11-06-04, 01:36 AM
That worked .. Thanks!!!!!!!!

ihiktacos
11-06-04, 06:40 AM
FYI, I believe with the newer versions it is -4 -5 -6 (where the 4 is the override for the board mismatch).

JCGhz
11-07-04, 02:04 AM
FYI, I believe with the newer versions it is -4 -5 -6 (where the 4 is the override for the board mismatch).

I knew about and tried the -5 -6 commands but not the -4, now I know and no longer afraid of flashing my Card. Wont be doing that anytime soon tho, atleast until I install my new lapped NV5 Silencer.

Thanks again for the help:)