PDA

View Full Version : What to do now?

Y2BuToNz
11-06-04, 08:06 AM
OK well after asking u guys ive decided to buy the GF 6800GT OC

Found here:
http://www.pcwcomponentcentre.co.uk/invt/bfgr68256gtocuk

But when i actually get the card what wud u guys recommend me2 do with it? Obviously plug it in...But shud i download the 66.WHATEVER drivers that most of u guys use? Or the Nvidia site ones? 61.77 i believe? And shud i bother overclocking it? Or does it need the extra 4 Pipelines unlocked?

Just the stuff u guys wud do with the card when u get it...I really dont want to overclock it if avoidable.

Cheers :)

|MaguS|
11-06-04, 08:25 AM
The GT doesn't need to unlock anything, I would recommend downloading the 65.73. I prefer these, they are just great. I wouldn't OC untill you are ready to and you see how well it opperates at stock speeds. Before install the drivers though, I would recommend using "Driver Cleaner" to remove any of the left over drivers from your previous card.

Y2BuToNz
11-06-04, 08:31 AM
Cheers...

GET READY TO LAUGH:
My card atm is a GF3 Ti 200 64MB :retard:

Well im ordering this card after Crimbo as thats when i get my money. What kinda GFX differences am i gonna see?! << Stupid question but what will be the mayjor eye opener when i run farcry/doom3 for the first time after having them on lowest gfx for the past time.

|MaguS|
11-06-04, 09:55 AM
Eye candy wont be too different unless you werent able to run the games you play often at high settings (I mean if you plat CS, you wont see any difference). But the speed is not comparable between the too cards... You will fall out of your seat in aw..

TeaEtchSee
11-06-04, 10:43 AM
Thats a nice PIC for a great bargain too (well thats UK Currency soo....)

any how, is your Motherboard 8x agp? cuz a ti 400 is pretty ancient

as for the DRIVER..get the 66.81 (best for me)

Delbert
11-06-04, 11:11 AM
On the basis that your GFX card is a bit old, you may need to look at your PSU as well. Otherwise you may be a little disappointed....

I only have a 250W with 14Amp 12v rail, so will be looking to get a new Ocz 470 or Antec 480TruePower unit when i get my GT. :nanahump:

If you read the 'sticky' thread in this forum, you will see that all recommend at leat 18Amps on 12v rail.

Try www.overclockers.co.uk or www.ebuyer.co.uk for PSU

Y2BuToNz
11-08-04, 08:10 AM
Sorry dudes but im not a complete ass at computers...I build them for a living.
I have a KT850Pro So yeah loads of 8x :)
Athlon 64 3800+
1Gig of Cruical 3200
+
512 of Samsung 3200
550w Alantic Hyper Cooling PSU
All water cooled. Well sorta work in progress. Dont want my comp looking like a fish tank now.
Oh yeah and all ran on 3x120GB Maxtor S-ATA HDD'z.
Lob in a Audigy and DVD-R/W Plus a Alienware Case one of my customers did not want nemore w/ open side panel. Few flashy lights and UV Rounded Cables youve just about got my system. :)

Just been holding out for a gfx card upgrade :angel2: As the wallet doesnt approve.

Thanks for your help guys, but what differences am i gonna see? I know its gonna b like playing a XBOX after playing a Atari for 10years str8. But what am i gonna "oOOoOOooOOOOooooo :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: " about?

Cheers :rolleyes:

Ti 200 actually :P

Peoples-Agent
11-08-04, 08:21 AM
BIG BIG difference!!!

Quite possibly ...on the scale of a GF3 over a GF2 ....ever remember playing Max Payne for the first time?

Should get the same kind of response of out Doom 3 / Far Cry ...with all the settings maxed out!

Y2BuToNz
11-08-04, 08:28 AM
NICE! I remember trying to play OP:Flash with my old Voodoo5...Lol and i thought it was cutting edge gfx then. When i first got my TNT 32MB i cudnt believe my eyes.

Thanks a bunch :D Thats the kinda responce i need

6800GT buddies...HERE I COME!

Y2BuToNz
11-08-04, 09:37 AM
Thanks for all the help. I'll see when the card comes after crimbo :D

Faster
11-08-04, 12:45 PM
3Dmarks05

61.77 = 4000

66.81 = 5000 and over.

Get 66.81 from Nvidia.
http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_downloads_winxp_2k_66.81.html