PDA

View Full Version : Medal of Honor Pacific Assault

Pages : [1] 2 3

FredGSanford
11-06-04, 01:07 PM
Just picked this one up at the local EB... I was wondering if anyone else with a 5900Ultra has tried it with PS2.0 enabled (this card is supposed to support PS2.0? Thought it said it on the evga box when I picked it up) and I get major mouse lag when I turn it on and everything seems to run a tiny bit slower. I've had a few games (FarCry, etc...) that don't work well with PS2.0 on this card so I was wondering if its a specific set of Drivers that need be installed (currently I am on the 66.81's) or is it just a 1/2 @$$'d PS2.0 from the fx5900 Ultra? I know the game has a few issues but I only seem to have them when I set it to PS2.0 rather then PS1.0 (would like to use PS2.0 as the card claimed.. looks nicer in moh:pa then 1.0) Any help would be great full.

----------------------------------------
P4, 3GIGhz
1Gig Ram
eVGA GeforceFX 5900 Ultra (Det: 66.81)
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
WindowsXP+SP2
----------------------------------------

aAv7
11-06-04, 01:34 PM
FX Series has trouble using ps2.0 its the card you have-not the game. I really don't know of any drivers that help out. It's pretty much a hardware problem, not something that can really be fixed with a driver-although some drivers may give some improvements.

I forgot this game was even out yet....how is it?

SH64
11-06-04, 01:57 PM
If you are using a GeForce FX card , its advisable to run the game using the PS1.1 path instead ... otherwise you will be mostly getting low framerates (which results in mouse lag) .

FredGSanford
11-06-04, 02:15 PM
Well so far the Single player is great... You start out before Pearl Harbor is attacked as a newly enlisted marine. They really give you the feeling of being there. I don't want to say too much since I don't want to spoil it for anyone but so far its great. Multiplayer gives alot of lag, even on the lowest settings possible (Needs a patch badly).

As far as the low frame rate goes.. I really don't see anything dropping too steep... Looks like a steady frame rate but that might change as the game goes on. I was just wondering if anyone else had tried the game on the fx5900U and found a better set of drivers (damn fx and ps2.0, lol). Looking to just scrap this card soon anyway. :bash: :retard:

Nitz Walsh
11-06-04, 04:31 PM
FX Series has trouble using ps2.0 its the card you have-not the game.
Read some of the reviews, it may be both - the criticism that keeps popping up seems to be mouse lag and extremely high system requirements.

FredGSanford
11-06-04, 07:36 PM
What I find odd is that the single player demo ran fine for me... Also, on EA's mohpa site and other mohpa fan sites Tons of people on various cards and fairly powerful systems are complaining about the mouse lag.

BioHazZarD
11-06-04, 07:48 PM
I thought they were gonna optimize the game since the feedback of the demo it ran slow even on 6800 cards.

fivefeet8
11-06-04, 07:59 PM
I thought they were gonna optimize the game since the feedback of the demo it ran slow even on 6800 cards.

The demo ran fine on my 6800 ultra, but the game is definately a memory hog. 512 megs was barely enough for the demo. 1 gig however ran the game quite smoothly.

noeX
11-06-04, 08:34 PM
I can't start the game.... in the configuration it doesnt allow me to select any resolutions... even in safe mode it doesn't start. Can anybody help me?

LiquidX
11-06-04, 08:47 PM
I can't start the game.... in the configuration it doesnt allow me to select any resolutions... even in safe mode it doesn't start. Can anybody help me?

Look into the folder thats created in the start menu after your install. There should be a option above the start exe to change settings.

noeX
11-06-04, 08:47 PM
http://xeon.uw.hu/mohpa.jpg

This is my problem. :)

I have 66.51 beta forceware drivers... maybe that could be the problem? Or something else?

LiquidX
11-06-04, 11:33 PM
http://xeon.uw.hu/mohpa.jpg

This is my problem. :)

I have 66.51 beta forceware drivers... maybe that could be the problem? Or something else?

That would be my guess because I am way back on the 61.77 sets.

PaiN
11-07-04, 06:09 AM
I'm running on the 66.81s no problems at all.

I didn't like the game play at first....I thought they went way too far on the "realism" and forgot about "its a game"....But once I adjusted my style of play and put some time in...it got much better and now I'm enjoying it.

killermmn
11-07-04, 09:04 AM
i got the game and the prob a got is some glicht in the game???
anyone got that???

MUYA
11-07-04, 09:24 AM
hmm I got the Directprs Edition and installed it today but, I can't seem to get AA on?? Wassupwitdat? Anyone else having this problem, I have set force AA to 4X and AF to 8X in the NV control panel.

hmm the demo ran with AA and AF no probs..

using 66.81s btw

strange this..and I need mah AA!!!

FredGSanford
11-07-04, 10:33 AM
I seen a few people say that AA has no effect on the game... Anyone notice that things tend to float above the floor? I noticed that people are not exactly touching the floor and nether are some objects. I can't really tell when I'm next to things but from a distance you can see people almost look like there about 5 inches off the floor (easiest to see when the Sarg. is walking towards the door). Also some times in the water:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=8556&stc=1

I zoomed in on this and brightened it up a bit... Look at the water Drifts behind the boat... there floating above teh boat rather then where the boat touches the water. lol :retard:

mao5
11-07-04, 10:42 AM
I did see FSAA pics of MOHPA at some website several weeks ago, How did that?

nVestor
11-07-04, 10:54 AM
hmm I got the Directprs Edition and installed it today but, I can't seem to get AA on?? Wassupwitdat? Anyone else having this problem, I have set force AA to 4X and AF to 8X in the NV control panel.

hmm the demo ran with AA and AF no probs..

using 66.81s btw

strange this..and I need mah AA!!!

According to rudedog, MoH engineers are saying:
It is our post FX that are the reason we do not support FSAA. The hardware that does Post FX is the same hardware that would do FSAA. It is, unfortunately, not possible to do both without a gigantic framerate hit.
This clearly blows if true. :( I also didn't notice any difference with AA on in the demo (2x or 4x), so it didn't appear to be on in my eyes. However the frame hit was there.

mao5
11-07-04, 12:36 PM
so there should be some way to diable Post FX in MOHPA.

MUYA
11-07-04, 06:52 PM
oh man I am gonna give this up and sell it, I really need my AA.

FredGSanford
11-07-04, 07:19 PM
Normally I can't play without AA on some games but this one doesnt really bother me considering that I have my eyes occupied 99.9% of the time trying to find people in the bushes and trees.

I just tried the ForceWare 66.77 Media Center WHQL downloaded from Guru3D and the game Runs a lot better and smooter for me now. Havent tried ps2.0 setup yet though.

Sazar
11-07-04, 07:30 PM
is this a stand-alone version or an add-on to the other MOH games?

nVestor
11-07-04, 08:12 PM
Stand alone. Completely new engine, DX9 now as oppose to OpenGL. (a big mistake) :(

superklye
11-07-04, 08:16 PM
Stand alone. Completely new engine, DX9 now as oppose to OpenGL. (a big mistake) :(
Why is that a big mistake?

|JuiceZ|
11-08-04, 08:52 AM
Just got the Directors DVD version over the weekend. The sp is good so far but the game still runs like crap, much like the demo. Enabling ps2.0 is an instant 30fps hit.