PDA

View Full Version : Some occurances of artifacts ok?

fuzzbutt99
11-06-04, 05:06 PM
Sorry for the noob questions, but I'm trying out my new pny 6800gt and have it clocked at 400/1100. Running through 3dmark03 I saw what looked like a black line across part of the screen on the troll scene. This happened again on the 2.0 pixel shader test with the elephant. I was just wondering when other peeps are oc'ing their cards how many artifacts should one consider?

Running at stock I saw no black "tears" or anything. Running at ultra speeds I saw a couple of instances of tearing. However I still finished with a score of 11500.

Because of the appearance of artifacts would most peolple consider this the top limit of the card or are a couple of instances of artifacts common and acceptable?

racingx
11-06-04, 05:10 PM
Any artifacts is not acceptable IMHO try to disable AGP Fastwrites and see if it clears the black line problem for you when you are overclocked.

Pantherman
11-06-04, 08:09 PM
Graphic artifacts are by no means acceptable under any circumstances. They usually are the result of a damaged card or a card that is overheating because it has been overclocked too much. I would definitely turn down any overclocking when artifacts appear. You may wind up damaging a $400 card. I'm not telling you what to do, but, after all, it's your card.

|MaguS|
11-07-04, 07:13 AM
Remember it also depends on the drivers... I would get artifacts with the 61.81 series (the black lines) but when I went to the 66.77 set everything was fine.

Currently clocked at 430/1100 :D