PDA

View Full Version : Man my computer sounds like a Bloody hurricane.

ChrisRay
11-06-04, 06:24 PM
First, These fans are supposed to be tempature reliant. IE changing RPM based upon internal case tempature. So I have 3 fans, (1 pulling air out of my case in the back) 1 blowing air in onto my hard drives. ((Have had bad luck regarding HD failures so I am hoping a cooler HD setup will make them last longer) and one blowing air in from the side of the case on graphic card. Plus my Butterfly PSU has a variable fan speed as well with 2 80MM fans inside it which helps pull air out.

It dont matter though, Rarely do the temp sensors seem to work and they just go full throttle no matter what, My GPU/Hardware fans are so quiet in comparison. But my system is running cool I guess..

jAkUp
11-06-04, 08:29 PM
Get a fan controller :) So you can speed up/slow down the fans as you wish ;)

BioHazZarD
11-06-04, 08:52 PM
3 fans only ? lol it cant be that loud.

Pandora's Box
11-06-04, 09:44 PM
shouldnt have intake fans that go on temperature. they will go on the temp outside your case and run real slow.

Sazar
11-06-04, 11:59 PM
Get a fan controller :) So you can speed up/slow down the fans as you wish ;)

what jakup said...

also invest in quieter fans... and/or rubber mounts/silencers for the fans to reduce vibrations...

all told it should help out your overall sound level...

ChrisRay
11-07-04, 03:25 AM
shouldnt have intake fans that go on temperature. they will go on the temp outside your case and run real slow.

Yet they go full blast, All these ideas seem nice, Problem with the new fan is it spins at 6000 RPMS. (pretty damn loud) I dont quite understand why its always throttling full since its not that hot in my room/computer. Hell its about 50 degrees in my room right (ya I like it chilly and we dont have the heater on) and my PC is running at super low temps now.

Smokey
11-07-04, 09:38 AM
LOL 6000rpm is pretty fast, no wonder its loud, I thought my cpu fan was loud when running at 5000rpm!

CDsDontBurn
11-08-04, 05:31 AM
yea man.....get a fan controler for the biznatch! lol. ummm, i got me a vantec nexus fan controller. they come in either silver or black. really cool looking. i got my vantec tornado hooked up to it, works wonders it does :).

Marcos
11-08-04, 11:22 AM
sometimes, late at night when i am alone, I let my cpu fan blaze @ 6k rpm. It makes me feel warm inside.

nutball
11-08-04, 12:07 PM
Sounds like you have poor airflow in your case.

superklye
11-08-04, 12:18 PM
sometimes, late at night when i am alone, I let my cpu fan blaze @ 6k rpm. It makes me feel warm inside.
I...I thought I was the only one (omg)

ynnek
11-08-04, 02:17 PM
Heh, I my p4 3.2, 6800GT, and 19" CRT, and torch lamp act like a little spaceheater for me, now that the season is getting cooler.. When I Work from Home, my house is set to 68 degs from 9AM-5PM (a little cooler since nobody is usually home).. So in reality, its about 70 upstairs.. and in my office/computer room, its about 72 degs.. perfect.. ;)

ChrisRay
11-08-04, 09:58 PM
Sounds like you have poor airflow in your case.

I wish that were the problem. My CPU/Hard/Drives GPU are running cooler than they ever have. Even in Open Case enviroment.

I'll see what I can do to get a fan controller. But I have no idea how to use one. I assume I'll have to buy new fans?

Pandora's Box
11-08-04, 10:10 PM
i *believe* u just plug the 4 pin molex connectors from the fans into the back of the fan control and then use the nobs to control the speed. at least thats how i believe they work.

GlowStick
11-09-04, 10:03 AM
Sorry kinda OT, but dose anyone know of a fan contoler that takes 4 pin molxes? all my fans and pumps run off 4pin but i cant find a controler for em heh.