PDA

View Full Version : Collin 2005

Arkman
11-06-04, 06:04 PM
Hy guys:
Just bought this game and was wondering, i am unable to tur the advanced particles thingy in the advanced graphic menu. Anyone with the game can turn this on? I am running in a 6800 gt and a 3200+@2300 with the 66.81 drivers.
What kind of resolution/fsaa are you guys running this game?

Thanks

Arkman
11-06-04, 06:22 PM
It's the DVD version...

omzig
11-06-04, 06:56 PM
Advanced particles needs an intel CPU with hyper-threading enabled
i came across the same thing(3000+64bit@10x220 here)and i was a bit pissed to find it only for intel owners :lame:

from the FAQ at codemasters site

Problem: It is not possible to enable Advanced Particle effects in the game.
Solution: This option is only available if you are using an Intel Pentium Processor with Hyper-Threading enabled.

and CM support say there are no plans for another patch(dispite all the bugs/protection error ppl are having):lame:

Blacklash
11-07-04, 12:09 AM
Eh? So there will be games I am going to be missing effects on because I switched to AMD?

Arkman
11-07-04, 04:11 AM
(mag) Say what? Only on intel cpu's ? Well, is just may be the last game I buy from codemasters and i have quiet a few, toca racedriver, toca2, colin3, colin4 and now colin 2005. Well i think i am gone try to return this game and get richard burns rally... :bash:

Arkman
11-07-04, 04:40 AM
Well, just posted this question on the codemasters forum,...

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52678

omzig
11-07-04, 06:21 AM
Well, just posted this question on the codemasters forum,...

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52678

Good luck but I dout you'll get a reply from CM.....the only threads ive seen get reponses out of them(in the form of locking threads)have been about there use of starforce 3 and ppl saying about it screwing up there systems

i emailed them direct about Advanced particles and HT Vs AMD and all i got was the FAQ auto quoted back to me :lame:

This is the last CM game i ever BUY.......

Slyder
11-07-04, 08:49 AM
I always thought Intel had Hyper Threading technology, AMD had Hyper Transport technology which was different name, same thing. ?

smthmlk
11-07-04, 06:48 PM
i would like to see some screenshots of what the game looks like with this option on on an intel p4 w/ hyper threading vs. what it looks like with it off.

anyone with p4 w/ ht got this game and could post some ss's with it both off and on? thanks in advance :)

theultimo
11-07-04, 07:21 PM
I always thought Intel had Hyper Threading technology, AMD had Hyper Transport technology which was different name, same thing. ?

Hyper Transport is a tech for Memory/PCi related.

HyperThreading is creating 2 virtual CPU's.

Slyder
11-08-04, 01:00 AM
Hyper Transport is a tech for Memory/PCi related.

HyperThreading is creating 2 virtual CPU's.

Do'h thanks for clearing that up...

Well thats a bummer, effects being locked out because were deciding to pick AMD over Intel.

I downloaded the demo lastnight and sure enough the advanced particles was locked out. I hope this is the first and last game to be released to do this. :(