PDA

View Full Version : Flat Out Online Play

Razorman
11-07-04, 06:39 AM
Quote from dev:

Since the official FlatOut forum seems to be down, I write this here.

I sneaked in some "secret" commandline parameters to enable online play, over internet.

It's quite simple. The host just starts the game with
"flatout -host"

The joiner joins with "flatout -join=ip" where ip is the ip of the host.

There are some other more advanced options too, especially useful for playing behind a NAT. But even theese basic options should work with the joiner behind a NAT. As long as he is not behind the same NAT as the host. If the host is behind a NAT, then the only option you can use is to use port forwarding.

In that case the joiner needs to add an additonal parameter, "-publicaddr=ip:port".

If the host wants to change the port he can do so, in the options.cfg file in the savegame folder. In that case the joiners either need to join with "-join=ip:port", or change the port in the options.cfg. The joiners can choose any port in the options.cfg, no matter what the host chooses.

The alternative commandline "-join=ip:port" is also usable in another case. If the host can configure his router, and uses non one to one port forwarding. I can explain that in more detail later, if needed.

Additionally you can specify "-password=balbla" Both the host and all clients needs to use the same password in that case.

NOTE:
This is almost totally untested by Bugbear, or Empire, so we cant promise that it works.

Razorman
11-07-04, 06:43 AM
As the official site is down here's the next best one.

http://flatouthq.planet-multiplayer.de/flatout-game.html