PDA

View Full Version : .09 Price Drop/Monarch $150 3000+ **wow, good deal**

Riptide
11-06-04, 12:32 PM
Check out Monarch's prices. The 3200+ went down $23 and the 3000+ is now only $150.

http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=120422&Category_Code=NA_2
http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=120421&Category_Code=NA_2

strk
11-06-04, 12:38 PM
Yea i paid $317 for my 3500 90 Retail now it's at $285.I'm going to give them call Monday see if they can include drop in price :)

GlowStick
11-06-04, 12:47 PM
The 3000+ is definatly looking good for being a value/overclockers cpu!

Pandora's Box
11-06-04, 01:38 PM
my patience is paying off.... could get a 3000+ on one paycheck :D

Riptide
11-06-04, 01:59 PM
How can Dell not be selling Athon64 with these prices? :screwy:

circuitbreaker8
11-06-04, 02:43 PM
Dell=Sh*t

Sazar
11-06-04, 02:55 PM
How can Dell not be selling Athon64 with these prices? :screwy:

90% of the people who buy the products don't know what a processor is other than something that runs stuff in a computer...

those people are getting an adequate enough product...

IF dell does indeed introduce an AMD product, its going to be @ the higher end/higher margin server segment...

don't hold your breath, though as amd has shown lately, it can indeed meet demand with their supply... this has not been the case in the past and as they continue to innovate and demonstrate their muscle @ the high end (ie server) segment... dell will have to consider amd as an option to offer to its consumers...

the consumers are worried about their bottom line and currently with intel, dell is serving both its bottom-line as well as its consumers... win-win all round...

Son Goku
11-06-04, 06:20 PM
BTW, this might not be the most popular opinion around Dell HQ to have said; but one arguement I've heard is that Dell and Intel have such a close business relationship that Dell wouldn't necessarily want to offer an AMD product.

Keep in mind while I'm saying this, that when Asus first came out with their first Athlon board (the K7M) it purportedly was sold as OEM only, and only came in a white box which did not carry either Asus's logo on it, or other identification. It wasn't until months latter Asus would come out and acknowledge they had an Athlon product or openly admit it on their website. Main reason given, was relation with Intel. Needless to say, the big 5 OEMs (and Dell especially from what I've heard) has a very close business relationship with Intel, as a "tier 1 OEM" isn't it called?

90% of the people who buy the products don't know what a processor is other than something that runs stuff in a computer...

those people are getting an adequate enough product...

Make that the sales people as well. I remember stopping by one of the local shops here which was still open. I asked them about a price for a CPU upgrade. The sales guy showed me several computers and said "our CPUs are right there".

I tried in vain to explain that I wasn't talking about a computer case, but that the CPU is a chip that plugs into the motherboard, etc... He looked confused, at which point I ended up walking out the door and shopped elsewhere.

ragejg
11-07-04, 10:46 AM
OMG grab em while they're hot!

I just got one... :D:D

Yeayahh!!

ragejg
11-07-04, 11:04 AM
So, yeah, I also went to newegg and got a gigabyte GA-K8NS Ultra-939 for $117... Ummm, so, I think I have a good combo on the way... :D:D

PSYCHODAD
11-07-04, 06:01 PM
Darn, didn't wanna build a new system yet. Tempting tho.

CaptNKILL
11-07-04, 06:38 PM
Wow, I cant believe how fast the price of CPUs has some down. That 3000+ is overclockable to FX-53 speed usually. For $150, thats an amazing deal.

I just wish there was a more clear cut winner in the motherboard department. Most of them seem to lack something another board has. It isnt like Socket A, where the NF7-S had everything youd ever need.

ricercar
11-07-04, 10:31 PM
Newegg has refurbished A64 3000+ for $138
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=19-103-486R&type=Refurbish

Viral
11-07-04, 11:16 PM
So, yeah, I also went to newegg and got a gigabyte GA-K8NS Ultra-939 for $117... Ummm, so, I think I have a good combo on the way... :D:D

Is that the same motherboard that was like horridly overpriced when it first came out? If so then that may be a good AGP nforce3 option for me. Hmmm. I've found it for $180 locally, which is far better than the K8N Neo2.

EDIT: wait, no.. it's a stripped down version. Damn. Let us know how it goes anyway. Especially overclocking wise if you plan on overclocking (I would hope so seeing you 'upgraded' from a S754 3000+ :P). I'm wondering what they changed besides the removing of DPS.

mustrum
11-08-04, 05:26 AM
According th many OC forums the MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum is a clear winner.
I'm getting that board together with a 3000+ this week. I'll report back with results. :D

ragejg
11-08-04, 07:24 AM
Is that the same motherboard that was like horridly overpriced when it first came out? If so then that may be a good AGP nforce3 option for me. Hmmm. I've found it for $180 locally, which is far better than the K8N Neo2.

EDIT: wait, no.. it's a stripped down version. Damn. Let us know how it goes anyway. Especially overclocking wise if you plan on overclocking (I would hope so seeing you 'upgraded' from a S754 3000+ :P). I'm wondering what they changed besides the removing of DPS.

I sure hope I have good luck with this mobo... apparently the K8NSNXP-939 is the one with all the problems, and this mobo has just been released... maybe theres some bug fixes in place... I have a thread over @ PCPer regarding this:

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=362247

... but as far as the cpu goes, I'll have a HUGE HSF on it, so I know I have at least the POTENTIAL to OC like crazy... :p

|JuiceZ|
11-08-04, 08:54 AM
Nice find :thumbsup:

Riptide
11-08-04, 09:02 AM
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40145

I beat you to this by a day. :)

ragejg
11-08-04, 09:09 AM
AAAAGH!!!

/me honorably closes this thread.. or wait...

:p

/me honorably merges this thread

:D