PDA

View Full Version : What will you do to prepare for HL2?

Pages : [1] 2

jAkUp
11-08-04, 01:34 AM
If anything? You can vote more than once ;)

Me, I'm not gonna do a format this time around, I will just make sure the my HD is defragged, latest drivers, and all apps disabled. I will also replace my mouse skates with some brand ****ing new ones :nanahump:

nutcrackr
11-08-04, 02:20 AM
Clean out OS, maybe defrag, maybe overclock.

RealLifePixelShader
11-08-04, 05:02 AM
Well I'm selling my car today so that I can pay for my 6800 GT and Audigy 2 ZS, 7.1 Creative Speakers and Coolermaster stacker case and extra 3 GB of memory and maybe if I can afford it a new mouse PAD

Skinner
11-08-04, 05:42 AM
Take a good sleep.

|MaguS|
11-08-04, 06:04 AM
Buy alot of booze... my PC is set, my liquor cabinet isn't...

saturnotaku
11-08-04, 08:05 AM
I'll probably just defrag and clean up my OS a bit. I don't want to spend a whole lot of time doing prep work (ie OS reinstall) as it's not something that's terribly needed. I have plenty of hard drive space, all my drivers are up to date (pending a video driver release from ATI/Omega) and my system has proven itself stable at a reasonable overclocking level. Bring it on I say!

six_storm
11-08-04, 08:05 AM
I like the option "I don't care, it's not Halo 2" lol. I'll probably do the ol Ad-Aware, AVG, defrag and scandisk to prepare for HL2. I'm like you jakUp, I won't defrag this time. I'll go to bed extra early to wake up around 4 AM to get ready, unlock HL2 and play for at least an hour before I have to go to school.

aAv7
11-08-04, 12:18 PM
Nothing at all. Unless nvidia releases new drivers. Not even gonna oc. Should be fine @ stock. I will have to buy a quarter bag of the goods and smoke up before I play. =)

Edge
11-08-04, 12:49 PM
Not much for me, just make sure my card is overclocked before I play it, pretty much. I must say, I was *almost* tempted to select "it's not Halo 2 so I don't care", just because I'm worried that I won't be able to pull myself away from Halo 2's multiplayer to get to Half-life 2 (even though I'm buying both on release). Gah, too damn many games coming out in such a short time, it's bad enough that I'm putting Kingdom Under Fire aside to play Halo 2, now I have to find time for ANOTHER amazing FPS? I think Valve should've gone to Bungie and said "You know this really isn't going to work out, how about we work togeather on one game and then after it's done we work on the other?" :D

-=DVS=-
11-08-04, 01:16 PM
Remember to eat breakfest before starting to play early in the morning :p or else you might pass out in middle of the day.

jolle
11-08-04, 02:42 PM
not a ******* thing..
Its just a game, keep my computer pretty healthy all the time anyhow..

Fatman
11-08-04, 02:50 PM
I'm going to take a day off from work and play.

SH64
11-08-04, 03:16 PM
Switch off my mobile phone , TV & any other distactions .
rest my PC for a while .. a day or two before HL2's unlocking date .
clean out my HDDs & defrag them is a good idea !
clean out my mouse & keyboard & set up my speakers .
& some other plans on the way ;)

nVidi0t
11-08-04, 03:32 PM
Nothing, just make some space in my agenda and stock up on Diet Coke.

theultimo
11-08-04, 03:34 PM
I don't care, its not Halo 2 lol....

Me gonna do nothing, as I'm waiting for unlock and stuff to get here from Gold ed.

anzak
11-08-04, 03:35 PM
I have an NV Silencer 5, Volcano 12 CPU HSF, and another stick of 256 on the way. Hopefully I'll be able to hit 370/900 on my 6800 (it can do these speeds now but it's not stable after 5-10 minutes) and 2.5Ghz on my CPU (I stopped overclocking because of the high temps). Cleaning up my windows XP install is also on my to do list.

CainSyris
11-08-04, 08:01 PM
Upgraded my system a few months ago in anticipation of Doom 3, Half-Life 2, and to play Far Cry at the best levels it could be.

The fact that my P4 wasn't working quite right at overclocked speeds any more didn't hurt either. ;) Its happily running now at normal speeds with no problems again. I figure a nice reinstall of WinMCE with the newer nForce drivers that came out last week and one of the newer drivers that came out for the GF6 (66.9x whatever or the 7x.xx series that's been floating around) will also be nice.

Speakers already pretty optimally set though.

kev13dd
11-08-04, 08:45 PM
Really surprised overclock isn't on that list

K

WeReWoLf
11-08-04, 09:22 PM
Well, i only have to position my speakers right, defrag and run spybot... Oh, and spend some "quality" time with my missus a couple of times before HL2 comes out, or i'll be in ****. I've already gotten the 2 bottles of scotch and ****load of cola on standby... best thing is? LAN on the 13th and 14th, HL2 on the 15th.

jAkUp
11-08-04, 09:31 PM
I got some bawls on hold for release ;)

WeReWoLf
11-08-04, 09:36 PM
Am i the only one who's goin to at least calm down the better half before disappearing for days on end?

holmes
11-08-04, 09:42 PM
eh, I don't think I'll be buying this one for a while (or at all). It's kinda expensive and I don't exactly have extra cash laying around even if I wanted to. So no, I'll do nothing to prepare for HL2.

superklye
11-09-04, 01:49 AM
I am going to strip down, grease up in bacon fat and slide around on the interstate for a few hours.

nVidi0t
11-09-04, 02:15 AM
Bahahahahah.

Bad_Boy
11-09-04, 11:33 PM
skip school, order food, play.