PDA

View Full Version : RavenShield Demo is finally with us


Smokey
11-14-02, 10:01 AM
Well its finally here, I suggest you go and dl now ;) here is a pick showing off the Karma tech that you all like so much :D
http://members.fortunecity.com/thesmokey/thesmokey/Streets_11-14-2002_001.jpg


DL from 3DGamers (http://www.3dgamers.com/dl/games/rainbowsix3/ravenshieldmpdemo_int.exe.html)

Enjoy and if you do dl look for me player name -The- Smokey

nin_fragile14
11-14-02, 10:12 AM
Just installed, getting ready to try it out.

demonized
11-14-02, 10:15 AM
heres a site that has been searching the internet for the demo download links.

http://theplatoon.com/ravenshield/

nin_fragile14
11-14-02, 02:50 PM
Does this use the UT2003 engine?

Smokey
11-14-02, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by nin_fragile14
Does this use the UT2003 engine?

Yes for the most part it does, though Ubi added thier own sound engine.

LORD-eX-Bu
11-14-02, 03:20 PM
Bah! Raven shield sucks! I expected more out of it. Now it just looks like CS. On top of that, I had to get all this other crap software to play it. Screw that! Almost all the servers don't even respond! This thing is going straight to trash!:mad:

Smokey
11-14-02, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by [eNv]-LORD-eX-Bu
Bah! Raven shield sucks! I expected more out of it. Now it just looks like CS. On top of that, I had to get all this other crap software to play it. Screw that! Almost all the servers don't even respond! This thing is going straight to trash!:mad:


Damn how hard is it to run?? click on the exe click multiplayer login to ubi then join a server in the ingame server list :confused: connecting to servers is not a problem either! As for the CS comment, you know that its nothing like CS and you are probablt just finding it a little hard :p Never mind arcade shooters are always going to be easy to pick up and play ;)

LORD-eX-Bu
11-14-02, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Smokey
Damn how hard is it to run?? click on the exe click multiplayer login to ubi then join a server in the ingame server list :confused: connecting to servers is not a problem either! As for the CS comment, you know that its nothing like CS and you are probablt just finding it a little hard :p Never mind arcade shooters are always going to be easy to pick up and play ;)

Well, I had to subscribe to ubi.com, then download their software, because if I tried thru the multiplayer demo it wouldn't work. Then the thing kept logging out, finally when I got on the ubi.com thing it kept crashing, re-installed it, was really laggy, no chat, then no matter what, on every server it either said no more players allowed or server did not respond. On top of that, Ubi is forcing everyone to download thru fileplanet, which will keep more people off, so I don't think that this release is any good.

EDIT: Forgot to mention second rate graphics and unimpressive level design, and CS like gameplay.

EDIT: Also forgot to say, if you like it, then thats good for you, for me it sucks. Thats how I see it.;)

Smokey
11-14-02, 07:49 PM
Srry to here that you had to go through all that. I didnt everything works fine and I havent dl any ubi software! What are you talking about fileplanet?? Ubi have the demo on thier own servers and many other sites 3dgamers for eg. Game play is nothing I mean nothing like CS, CS = arcade shooter in tac op uniforms. All the r6 games have been non arcade style shooters so I dont know how you can say the gameplay is anything like CS. Honestly you must be joking about the second rate graphics? Its using the Unreal engine, high res textures great modelling and great level design. Did u know that CSL which is one of the two maps was the most played MP of RS? You are saying things that arent true about this game simply because you dont like, you dont have to like, but dont just make up crap to make yourself feel better, this is not an arcade shooter, yes its different from the other R6s game, yes it takes sometime to get used to, yes it takes skill to play this. There is no jumping, there are no respawns, yes one good shot will kill you. I just cant believe that you would speak so much crap which if anyone bothers to look at the raveshield site, will see just how much crap you said :rolleyes: but hey its not the first time and I doubt the last ;)

LORD-eX-Bu
11-14-02, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Smokey
Srry to here that you had to go through all that. I didnt everything works fine and I havent dl any ubi software! What are you talking about fileplanet?? Ubi have the demo on thier own servers and many other sites 3dgamers for eg. Game play is nothing I mean nothing like CS, CS = arcade shooter in tac op uniforms. All the r6 games have been non arcade style shooters so I dont know how you can say the gameplay is anything like CS. Honestly you must be joking about the second rate graphics? Its using the Unreal engine, high res textures great modelling and great level design. Did u know that CSL which is one of the two maps was the most played MP of RS? You are saying things that arent true about this game simply because you dont like, you dont have to like, but dont just make up crap to make yourself feel better, this is not an arcade shooter, yes its different from the other R6s game, yes it takes sometime to get used to, yes it takes skill to play this. There is no jumping, there are no respawns, yes one good shot will kill you. I just cant believe that you would speak so much crap which if anyone bothers to look at the raveshield site, will see just how much crap you said :rolleyes: but hey its not the first time and I doubt the last ;)

Well, thats your opinion. I play Rogue Spear alot, I'll take that over this game any day. Just because I don't like it doesn't mean I am making stuff up. Sure alot of it is opinion, but I am not making it up. Ubi sent out a cease and decist order to 3dgamers and many other sites ordering them to revoke the demo and remove any mirrors due to a contract agreement that Ubi made with Fileplanet. If you don't beleive it, check it out for yourself. Go to 3dgamers and try and download the demo from them and read what they say.

Smokey
11-14-02, 09:07 PM
Damn, your are right, I was going on all the links I saw up today, and I didnt think that Ubi would sell out to fileplanet that just makes me sick :rolleyes: Sorry I went a bit over the top there, just think its wrong to compare rvs to cs and to say the graphics are second grade when they are not :D Im not saying everyone has to like the game or the gameplay, as those things do come down to personal taste.

LORD-eX-Bu
11-14-02, 09:16 PM
Ah, don't worry about it. If it had worked perfect for me the 1st time around I wouldn't be so biased. And lately, I've been in the mood to ruin everyone's fun. So don't take anything I said to heart. When full version or single player demo comes out, I'll probably love it. Until then, or unless you can get mines to work, I'll just pout.:p

demonized
11-14-02, 11:29 PM
I myself didnt like the game that much..most servers are laggy and when u finally get connected to a good server you get disconnected after playing for a few minutes. I didnt like the graphics on tha game that much. The screenshots and video's taken from the game look great but when i played the demo things are a little blocky. the character models on the are a little less detailed.

Cereal-Killer
11-15-02, 12:20 AM
I've been playing the demo for some 4 to 5 hours now and I can't stop. Graphics, gameplay, weapons... everything looks good to me. But it's true that most (if not all) servers out there are laggy. I'm sure that better servers will pop up soon, but right now it's hard to find a good game. There's also one really annoying bug: once in a while I simply spawn without a weapon. What's up with that...

I'm still hppy with the demo :cool:

demonized
11-15-02, 01:08 AM
what resolution are u playin at?

Smokey
11-15-02, 10:16 AM
Im playing at 1280*960, dont know what is up with the lag though, yes I too am seeing laggy servers. I have had the demo since the unoffical release last week and last week it seemed to be less laggy. The no weapons bug was there last week and I would have thought that they had fixed it before the offical release, but to me it seems to be the exact same demo :rolleyes: I think for the most part the demo is good, alot people are having problems and alot are not.
Here is a pic, with FSAA but I cannot use it in game, even though it runs smooth, with only 64mb mem on card, using high textures + high res + FSAA 64mb just doesnt cut it and my pc reboots itself after 20-30
:(

http://members.fortunecity.com/thesmokey/thesmokey/on.the.look.out.jpg

sonaboy
11-16-02, 12:59 PM
The first day i downloaded all the servers hadn't been set up yet. So i couldn't find a good one..i almost uninstalled...TODAY, saturday, there's tons of servers, good ping, and good play.
I like...
I don't know what the guy's prob with the ubi soft software was...you don't have to use it..you can cancel out of that and still play.
You just have to set up some sort of user account...no big deal.
I've been having fun for a couple of hours...movement is jerky, such as it is in BF1942 online..but other than that...good graphics, good death sequences and lots of creeping around in the dark with nightvision...rock!

Phyre
11-16-02, 05:25 PM
does anyone know if there is a way to display the framerate in this demo?

Phyre

LORD-eX-Bu
11-16-02, 05:26 PM
use fraps.:D

Nutty
11-20-02, 12:49 PM
I found the controls on this game to be absolutely diabolical.. jumping and lurching all over the place.. It really reminded me of some 24 hour game contest.. Very poor..