PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL Metal Gear Solid 3 discussion/countdown thread!

Pages : [1] 2

Mr. Hunt
11-09-04, 12:28 AM
Well... just 7 more days and this beautimus game comes out. Figured I needed to put this up here because all of the other games are getting too much attention :). I know most of you will probably be too busy with HL2 next week... but I figured some of you might still play MGS3 and put your thoughts in here.

I personally can't freaking wait... I have loved all of the previous Metal Gear games and this is the last in the "Solid" series. I figured the game would be awesome... and had my expectations VERY high... but after playing the demo I was still blown away by how great the DEMO is... I have played the demo more than I have played quite a few games lol.

Anyway... anybody else waiting on this puppy?

Wylde
11-09-04, 12:44 AM
this coming out on pc? or ps2? I played the last 2 and thought they were great :D

Mr. Hunt
11-09-04, 12:47 AM
PS2... not sure if it will be out on PC later (Like MGS2).

Wylde
11-09-04, 12:52 AM
hmm I might pick it up then :) I actually started playing sons of liberty a few days ago on european extreme hehe

boy do I suck...

Bad_Boy
11-09-04, 12:57 AM
msg3 is gonna be sweet. that is all :D

Mr. Hunt
11-09-04, 12:57 AM
Nah... you don't suck... Euro Extreme is INSANELY hard.

But yeah... I recommend you pick it up... the demo was fantastic. The new camo system is brilliant and hunting for food is quite nice. Also... to snipe you don't need to use any item... if your stamina is high enough you have a steady aim... not sure if you CAN pop pills to get steady aim while low on stamina though, but it is quite amazingly fun. Interrogating enemies with the knife and then slitting their throat is great fun also :).

Wylde
11-09-04, 01:06 AM
Interrogating enemies with the knife and then slitting their throat is great fun also :).

:nanahump: :nanahump:

Slyder
11-09-04, 01:44 AM
I wonder if it's gonna take over a year to come out on PC. Then again, Son's of Liberty looks terrible on the PC.

|MaguS|
11-09-04, 06:36 AM
God, you guys hear how now there is a Healing systema nd you must actually medically treat your wounds?! This game is gonna be NUTS! I can't wait!

SH64
11-09-04, 07:38 AM
Wha ? HL2 & MGS3 & Halo 2 all in the same month .. why this is happening !

H3avyM3tal
11-09-04, 07:58 AM
The first MGS (ps1) was far superior to HL, in my opinion.
HL is a great game, but the story was rather, unoriginal.
Anyways, I didn't know this was coming next week!
In the US I think, and if so, I need to start saving on money!!!!!
This game is gonna rock! Can't wait to know all about the story-line, and the unexpected turn it will take somewhere in the game!!! I always loved the MGS storylines, and I think they alone are worth the money.

Knot3D
11-09-04, 08:00 AM
No ! The ppl in the PAL region get screwed again. MGS3 PAL is due in March 05

Ridiculous. Just becuz of subtitles in German, French and Italian. Every European knows (ought to) know sufficient English to play MGS3. It's very cr@ppy we have to wait 5 months extra here !

ATI_Dude
11-09-04, 08:10 AM
No ! The ppl in the PAL region get screwed again. MGS3 PAL is due in March 05

Ridiculous. Just becuz of subtitles in German, French and Italian. Every European knows (ought to) know sufficient English to play MGS3. It's very cr@ppy we have to wait 5 months extra here !

March 2005?? My god that sucks a** big time. I can't wait that long :(

sytaylor
11-09-04, 08:15 AM
Thats just plain pointless, they could at least release the english language version in the UK, cash in before christmas and wait until localisation is finished for everywhere else.

EciDemon
11-09-04, 08:20 AM
Yep we have to wait :(
Ive actually decided to chip my ps2 so I can order an import of MGS3, I just loved the demo *Im the biggest Metal Gear fan*

|MaguS|
11-09-04, 08:23 AM
The demo was SOOOO short, but I can't wait for MGS3 :o

MGS3 and HL2 on the same day... and I will have EQ2... GOD DAMIT!

Mr. Hunt
11-10-04, 12:05 PM
Yeah... the demo was short if you ran straight through it... but I mess around with the guards constantly. I LOVE the shotgun... knocking guards back 20 feet is one of the best things ever.

EDIT: Oh and 6 days remaining.

Mr. Hunt
11-10-04, 01:51 PM
New preview up at Gamespot ... 4 pages with some very nice looking pictures. You can look at it http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/metalgearsolid3/preview_6112781.html?q=1&tag=gs_hp_flashtop_story

You can also see some of the scans from the new EGM http://www.gamersbg.com/mgs/mgs3/magscans5.htm . But be careful... one of those pages says something about Spoilers... I didn't look at it so I don't know what kind of spoilers (big or minor)... but I just wanted to warn you beforehand :).

|MaguS|
11-10-04, 03:04 PM
Gamespy has one also...
http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-2/metal-gear-solid-3-snake-eater/565021p1.html

I have a hard time believing anything about the story mainly because of how good Kojima fooled everyone with MGS2... He litterly created a second game/demo just to fool people, Now thats a smart man!

Mr. Hunt
11-11-04, 12:28 PM
5 Days!

Mr. Hunt
11-17-04, 06:58 PM
Ok sadly I let this fall off the first page and everything... but I am now reviving it... for EB just called me to tell me I can pick it up :). I am so happy... yet sad because I can't pick it up for 2 hours :(. I will TRY to post my thoughts on it tonight if I don't get too much into it lol.

EciDemon
11-17-04, 07:01 PM
:D :D :D :D

At the end of this month Ill be playing mgs3, ... but to start of early me and a friend are going to have an Mgs3 evening as he will be getting the game tomorrow!

Mr. Hunt
11-17-04, 07:07 PM
Yeah I can't freaking wait for it... I have waited 3 long years for this game... and now it is finally here :). I can't wait to see what kind of excellent story Kojima has this time... the MGS series has one of the greatest stories ever... and watching the TGS2004 trailer I can tell he has done another great job... but I want to know how blown away I will be :).

On a side note... I just read about a bunch of the weapons you can get... and it is INSANE. Just to name a few things I saw one of the items lets you fake dead... but if you stay "dead" too long without using the revival pill (which I hear is hidden in his back tooth :\) then you sleep forever! That is just to name one... there were a billion other awesome ideas and I am dying in anticipation.

Mr. Hunt
11-17-04, 07:22 PM
Another one...

Cigarette shaped narcosis spray - sleep gas sprayer disguised as a pack of cigarettes. Can be used in close quarters, and reloads after 5 sprays.

Vash
11-17-04, 08:06 PM
I just finished reading both the IGN and Gamespy reviews and from what they have to say, I'm very impressed. I knew Kojima would produce an excellent game, but I wasn't sure about length and story content. According to the reviews, he's hit a home run with just about everything except the camera.

And now I have to wait until January. :argh: