PDA

View Full Version : DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil Screenshots

jAkUp
11-09-04, 01:32 AM
For those of you who can't find or havent seen them. I posted these screenshots in the stickied topic, but thought it warrented a whole new post :)

These screenshots were released on www.gamebiz.com, then a few hours later, this message:
Activision contacted us and told us that the screens are not allowed online.

But never fear! I am here to breech contracts, and break NDA's! (spit)

Here we go:

Edited by MikeC

Seoulstriker
11-09-04, 01:13 PM
Looks incredible! :) :ORDER:

CaptNKILL
11-09-04, 01:16 PM
My god! That looks soooo much like Quake 2! Obviously better quality, but it the colors and scenery look almost the same.

Looks good :)

kmf
11-09-04, 03:40 PM
Dark and ebil .:drooling: :drooling: :drooling:
thnx jakup

Intel17
11-09-04, 08:11 PM
Jeez...can't id or nerve software (or whoever is collaborating with them) write some non-plastic shaders? I mean for an expansion scheduled for a 2005 release i'd hope some new DX9-only features would be written.

Nope, we're still stuck in the same-old fixed-function paradigm because they don't want to break compatability.

What a waste of the Doom3 engine

/rant

vasileiou
11-10-04, 05:09 AM
Again the battle is in Mars???
In a lost Alien Digsite ??

The good thing is that some areas seem more open these time :)
I had enough with the sewer-like stages of the original Doom3

panzaman
11-10-04, 05:09 AM
to me, that looks the same as Doom 3.

Red)-(ead
11-10-04, 06:19 AM
Ugh? :bash: Doom 3 is an OpenGL game :lol2:, last time I checked. And the look of the game is the ultimate proof that Microsoft-SGi project Farenheit overtook OpenGL in terms "what you can do" and "how much it will cost you" (cost is performance, not money).

So, I will be happy to see games based on Source, FarENGINE and titles like HL2, VTM: Bloodlines, SC3... and OpenGL is a bit passe right now. Perhaps OpenGL 2.0 will change something, but almost all projects are DX9 right now...

Skrot
11-10-04, 06:22 AM
the look of the game is the ultimate proof that Microsoft-SGi project Farenheit overtook OpenGL in terms "what you can do" and "how much it will cost you"... Yoowot?

Gaco
11-10-04, 08:47 AM
I just took at look at the viewers in the Doom3 Forum.. 149? WTF, something big must've happend :D

And so it was - screenshots from the Doom3 exp. :)
Looks sweet, I am hoping for some alternative environments though. Actually I was kind of hoping for some fighting on earth in familiar environments, but I guess I was wishing for too much :|

Anyway, I'm sure its gonna be sweet and I'm gonna buy it anyway...

Edge
11-13-04, 05:32 PM
But never fear! I am here to breech contracts, and break NDA's! (spit)

Here we go:

Edited by MikeC

Lol, (owned)

You sure you want this guy as a mod, MikeC? :D

pat777
11-13-04, 05:52 PM
I have a screenshot:
http://www.pistalwhipped.net/images/doom3/3.jpg
This is the part of RoE that does not expand yet.

jAkUp
11-13-04, 06:47 PM
Lol, (owned)

You sure you want this guy as a mod, MikeC? :D

:condom: