PDA

View Full Version : GeForce FX - do you like the name?

Pages : [1] 2

creedamd
11-14-02, 12:10 PM
Like the name?

saturnotaku
11-14-02, 12:19 PM
it si ghey

Philibob
11-14-02, 01:01 PM
Oh good, I'm not the only one that voted yes

Uttar
11-14-02, 01:28 PM
I voted "yes".

While I think this isn't the world's greatest name, it keeps the "GeForce" brand name which means nVidia doesn't give up that brand.
And since they're keeping GeForce, "FX" is IMHO a lot better than "5" or nearly everything else, too.

Uttar

Ryo-Ohki
11-14-02, 03:56 PM
Or "XP" for that matter... :)

Besides, even if I'm not too concerned, "FX" is not that bad.

Ryoko
11-14-02, 04:44 PM
i like lunar and solar eclipse better.

AngelGraves13
11-14-02, 04:52 PM
GeforceFX......I can handle that. I would have preferred something else before I heard this name, but I like it. I got a GeforceFX card dude.....yeah, that could work when talking to friends after a few beers. lol. Thank god it's not Geforce 5!!

Nutty
11-14-02, 05:28 PM
Its Fake!! All of it is Fake..!! hahahaha

I knew that site looked soo amateur when I saw it..

The Baron
11-14-02, 05:34 PM
I agree with the gheysayers ;)

Cotita
11-14-02, 06:23 PM
It seems websites love to post news and not check if its for real.

It took me less 5 seconds to know the supposed "official site" was a fake.

Nevertheless I think geforceFx sounds good. Although I think it will be something different, just by looking at the "are you ready" page.

Well, its only 4 more days, and the mistery will be discovered.

I just hope it's not geforceteron, or nvathon.

AngelGraves13
11-14-02, 07:22 PM
we'll see......

thcdru2k
11-14-02, 10:22 PM
better than nitro..but realising that some nvidia worker possibly reads this info, if it is named geforcefx i wouldn't think it'd be staying.

AngelGraves13
11-15-02, 12:48 AM
I believe it'll be called the CineFX. That's what they'v been talking about....the technology so I think that's what it'll be called.

vvolkman
11-15-02, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by creedamd
Like the name?

I'm so tired of having to go back and forth between product names and chipset codes. I would not care if they just called it NV30 at this point.

Anything with an "X" in it is ghey at this point:
especially "XP", "FX", and "NX". Maybe they
should recycle "XT". Or are all of you to young
to remember the IBM PC-XT?

ShyguyMX6
11-16-02, 12:19 AM
I personally think GeForceFX is an okay name but think they could have done better. FX sounds too much like MX and we know how the MX cards are with high performance, almost non existant, well the GF2 MX cards anyway, I'm thinking there may be too many consumers getting the 2 types of cards mixed up. Also they got to many FX's related to the geforce name, like Infinite-FX 1 & 2, CineFX, etc, it gets kinda annoying seeing FX this & FX that.

INNOVISION
11-16-02, 12:37 AM
Its funny how some peoples will take rumours or speculation about NV30. And they will believe it too. If it aint confirm by NVIDIA, its SHIET. So dont waste your time on rumours and speculation.

emotionstation
11-16-02, 11:40 AM
Innovision: So you're saying if something isn't confirmed by the manufacturer, it's automatically "SHIET"? That's a pretty stupid statement.

The NV30 is a mere 2 days away at least, and we're JUST NOW hearing "GeforceFX". Now if I had heard this a month or 2 ago, I'd take it with a grain of salt, but hearing this so close to the products paper launch....

It's GeforceFX. Get over it.

-=DVS=-
11-16-02, 03:11 PM
I vote no , to simple name for next big thing :D

pelly
11-16-02, 03:19 PM
What an aweful.....boring...and just plain terrible name...

After waiting this long, I hope our guys over at NVIDIA can do better than that...

I have faith in them... :D

INNOVISION
11-16-02, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by emotionstation
Innovision: So you're saying if something isn't confirmed by the manufacturer, it's automatically "SHIET"? That's a pretty stupid statement.

The NV30 is a mere 2 days away at least, and we're JUST NOW hearing "GeforceFX". Now if I had heard this a month or 2 ago, I'd take it with a grain of salt, but hearing this so close to the products paper launch....

It's GeforceFX. Get over it.

Get over it?, I dont care if its called GeforceFX. The name doesnt matter to me. You need to get out side more often, a video card is just a video card. Go seek help buddy.

emotionstation
11-16-02, 06:30 PM
Go seek help? I'll get right on that, big fella. =)

budd_wm
11-16-02, 06:41 PM
Heh, it will be called GeforceFX guys, so you can stop hoping for something else.

Philibob
11-16-02, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by budd_wm
Heh, it will be called GeforceFX guys, so you can stop hoping for something else.
It already has been called GeforceFX
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4116
or direct link: http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=channel_techbriefs :eek:

budd_wm
11-16-02, 07:03 PM
Yeah, they finally released that info. Wait till you see the card. It's bigger than a Voodoo 5, and the heatsink....well, just wait till Comdex. :D

Stealthy
11-16-02, 07:03 PM
So its true! :eek: Nvidia do love their Geforce! :p

What a great way to name "a completely new architecture"! :rolleyes: