PDA

View Full Version : Dear God/Allah/Buddha: Please make them release a PC version of Burnout 3...

Pages : [1] 2

ragejg
11-09-04, 09:49 AM
I really really dig this game for XBox, but I will not buy an XBox... a lot of popular racing titles are brought over to PC, why can't this one come on over??

I just wanna see if any of you share my pain. :p

six_storm
11-09-04, 10:03 AM
I take it that you don't have a PS2? The PS2 version rocks. Anyways, I haven't heard anything about Burnout 3 coming to PC.

|MaguS|
11-09-04, 10:07 AM
I have so much love and hate for this game. Its such an amazing game but man is it freaking tough...

Saddly there are no plans to port it to the PC... I personally have it on my Xbox though, Worth owning an Xbox or a PS2 for it alone...

ragejg
11-09-04, 10:07 AM
My only console = dreamcast :(

six_storm
11-09-04, 10:28 AM
The Dreamcast rules. I remember getting my DC on 9/9/99. I don't know why that console ever failed, very nice system. magus, you think Burnout 3 is tough? No way. It's a very easy game. I guess you just gotta get used to it or something, i dunno.

Ruined
11-09-04, 10:31 AM
jus buy a damn xbox and pickup halo 2 + burnout 3 :)

Nitz Walsh
11-09-04, 10:56 AM
Sure you can get it on the consoles, but to play it in 1600*1200 with AA? Mods? People sharing their most wicked crashes? :drooling: It's a great game and runs extremely well on all consoles, but higher res would really help when you're barelling down the street to pick out oncoming traffic.

Sadly, I doubt it. EA picking up the franchise probably gives a PC port a little more hope, but not much - we would have heard something by now.

If it was called "Burnout 3 Rally", then sure. :)

(Hey, we could start an online petition! Those always work....right?)

|MaguS|
11-09-04, 11:06 AM
Six, Yeah. I need to play more often, my relfexes suck on twitch gaming thanks to MMORPGs and RPGs. Been playing too many of them and not enough racing/FPS games...

DC failed thats to poor advertising, timing and just not enough console based games, many of its games were arcade style and pushed console gamers away. I mean how many great platformers and RPGs did the console actually have? Not many... It was a bad ass system for Arcade Ports though! I still got mine with over 25 games!

(Also Piracy hit it bad due to no copy protection on the games and GDROM format failing)

CaptNKILL
11-09-04, 11:28 AM
Arent there any good XBox emulators? I cant imagine that there would be any compatibility problems since the XBox is pretty much just an older computer with trimmed down windows installed on it. Oh and you need a DVD drive probably.

I played a playstation game using ePSXe on my computer. Seemed to work pretty well.

Not that I condone piracy (even though youd still need to buy the game)... but its deffinitely an alternative if you dont have an XBox.

six_storm
11-09-04, 11:53 AM
Sure you can get it on the consoles, but to play it in 1600*1200 with AA? Mods?

Burnout 3 looks AMAZING on PS2. I was real surprised with the graphics on this game. If you take something like NFSU 1 on PS2, those graphics really sucked. I would run into walls because I couldn't make out what was on the screen lol. But Burnout 3 is a NICE looking game. From what I've seen, there really isn't a graphical difference between PS2 and XBOX. So, without further delays, buy a PS2 Burnout 3 and GTA:SA. :)

magus, I recommend getting that hand-eye coordination working.

jAkUp
11-09-04, 12:10 PM
The only 2 reason I want an XBox right now...

Burnout 3
Mortal Kombat Deception

Edge
11-09-04, 12:28 PM

Well...your choice of consoles is good, but your quantity is lacking.

Arent there any good XBox emulators? I cant imagine that there would be any compatibility problems since the XBox is pretty much just an older computer with trimmed down windows installed on it. Oh and you need a DVD drive probably.

Nope, and from the sound of it it might take a while before there are any decently usable ones. It may be similar to a PC, but they're having a hell of a time getting the games to run on the PC like it does on the Xbox. Games on the Xbox are designed very specifically for the hardware, getting a game designed to run on a GF3/GF4 hybrid card with 64 megs of unified memory working with a no-set-standard PC is proving to be very difficult it seems. I don't think there will really be any decent Xbox emulators until after the Xbox 2 is out.

Ruined
11-09-04, 02:46 PM
Sure you can get it on the consoles, but to play it in 1600*1200 with AA? Mods? People sharing their most wicked crashes? :drooling: It's a great game and runs extremely well on all consoles, but higher res would really help when you're barelling down the street to pick out oncoming traffic.

Sadly, I doubt it. EA picking up the franchise probably gives a PC port a little more hope, but not much - we would have heard something by now.

If it was called "Burnout 3 Rally", then sure. :)

(Hey, we could start an online petition! Those always work....right?)

Burnout 3 is pretty incredible on XBOX w/ XBOX Live.

theultimo
11-09-04, 03:34 PM
Well...your choice of consoles is good, but your quantity is lacking.

Nope, and from the sound of it it might take a while before there are any decently usable ones. It may be similar to a PC, but they're having a hell of a time getting the games to run on the PC like it does on the Xbox. Games on the Xbox are designed very specifically for the hardware, getting a game designed to run on a GF3/GF4 hybrid card with 64 megs of unified memory working with a no-set-standard PC is proving to be very difficult it seems. I don't think there will really be any decent Xbox emulators until after the Xbox 2 is out.

Note: Xbox emulators are still in infancy, like he said, but efforts are directly tied to either the XBE (CXBX) or HLE emulation (Xenon). both have drawbacks, but only a few commercial games run yet.

EciDemon
11-09-04, 04:57 PM
Id love to see this game on PC, Id buy it no questions asked.

But I do have it on the PS2, yet I perfer driving games on PC since you get sharper gfx and that's quite important I think.

I tried flatout on Ps2 a week or two ago. No match for the Pc version. Burnout3 on the other hand is very fast even on the ps2, very impressive game actually. Still I want it on PC too :D

H3avyM3tal
11-09-04, 05:09 PM
Maybe you want to wish for a pc version of Gran Turismo 4? heh...
Anyways, my freind has burnout3 on his ps2, and I gotta say that at first, I really dug it too, but it gets boring about half way though the game.
There really isn't anything new at this point, and the Music SUCK BIG TIME.
That was the main reason I didn't wouldn't buy this game.
Other than that, it's nothing to write home about, really.
Personally, I rather wait for the ps2 version of flatout, next year!

aaahhh52
11-09-04, 05:18 PM
The only 2 reason I want an XBox right now...

Burnout 3
Mortal Kombat Deception

amen

EciDemon
11-09-04, 06:08 PM
Yep, the music suxx big time in B3

SH64
11-09-04, 07:34 PM
Interesting topic .. it will be cool to make a new thread & generalise it .

because i'd like to see Fable (& some other console games) for PC :(

holmes
11-09-04, 10:45 PM

My ony console = Atari 2600

them were the days...
:)

nVidi0t
11-10-04, 12:34 AM
I actually just got Burnout 3. It's not a great racing game but the crashes and effects are SWEET.

Next Purchase: MK: Deception.

LMA
11-10-04, 12:23 PM
I want Burnout 3 and OutRun 2 soooo bad that I'm really itching for that XBox right now. I have Burnout 1 and 2 on GameCube, and I love them. So sad that the only current console I have is the only one not getting Burnout 3 :(

jAkUp
11-10-04, 12:28 PM
MK Deception is badass :) Im a long time MK fan so i like it alot :)

CDsDontBurn
11-11-04, 01:32 AM
all the new MKs suck. MK IV and V both suck. it's not the animation or any of that, it's more the difficult fighting styles where you gotta toggle between more than one fighting style.

jAkUp
11-11-04, 02:15 AM
all the new MKs suck. MK IV and V both suck. it's not the animation or any of that, it's more the difficult fighting styles where you gotta toggle between more than one fighting style.

Its just because you are a n00b :lol2: