PDA

View Full Version : Vampire: Masquerade game out same day as HL2

Slybri
11-09-04, 05:27 PM
Apparently Activision is eager to get this game out as soon as possible. I know they had to wait till HL2 was out because of some legal deal with the SOURCE engine, but shipping the SAME DAY as HL2 is crazy! What are they thinking?

Anybody gonna get this game instead of HL2? Maybe goth kids...I dunno.

It looks like a fun game but I think I'll wait till I've finished HL2. Here's the press release...

Santa Monica, CA – November 9, 2004 – The bloodletting begins on November 16, 2004 with the shipping of Activision, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: ATVI) Vampire®: The Masquerade – Bloodlines™ for the PC.

An all-new RPG adventure, Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines is filled with rich character development, an intriguing storyline set in White Wolf’s World of Darkness®, and mind-blowing graphics powered by Source™ - Valve’s next generation engine technology. It will take a vicious array of vampire disciplines and a healthy penchant for blood, for players to survive the dark and gritty undying world of modern day L.A. Selecting from one of seven clans, gamers will interact with other characters, decide with whom to ally themselves, and watch as darkness takes over their soul while a mysterious plot unfolds.

jAkUp
11-09-04, 05:40 PM
I dunno what they are thinking either... bad bad idea to ship the same day as HL2.

GlowStick
11-09-04, 05:42 PM
I dont think its a bad move, the Vampire games have a cult following, that will buy it no matter what. However the undecided people will probly swing to the HL2 side, but the Vampire games has allways caterd to a select group.

However they also seem to have been sitting on it for a LONG time, id be eager too.

Edge
11-09-04, 05:46 PM
Hmm, does seem odd that they'd ship it the SAME day, at least wait a week so that people have enough time to finish HL2's single-player. Unless they're doing this to try and smite Valve for delaying HL2 too much by trying to steal sales from it :p

Slybri
11-09-04, 05:48 PM
That select group being kids who dress in black and wear lots of eyeliner and read anne rice novels...

Naw, It looks like a good First Person RPG. I'll probably end up getting both.

I'll have finished HL2 by the end of the week most likely....not counting CS:S and HL:S and DoD:S...

It's gonna be a good week for PC gaming!!!

Spliffstarr
11-09-04, 11:36 PM
i don't know about you guys but i am getting both. I wasn't really interested initially but after see some videos of game play yesterday i am sold...

|MaguS|
11-10-04, 12:07 AM
I'll be getting it!

shinrai
11-10-04, 01:15 AM
yep, getting both here.

FluxCap
11-10-04, 09:57 AM
Getting this was on sale hopefully at a first week Best Buy sale.

Wylde
11-10-04, 10:03 AM
both for me hopefully... I liked masquerade and hope this one is just as good

|JuiceZ|
11-10-04, 10:30 AM
I'll have finished HL2 by the end of the week most likely....not counting CS:S and HL:S and DoD:S...

So are they planning to release HL:S & DoD:S along w/ HL2 next Tues? Hope they're truly "full" versions unlike the beta that is CS:S *cough* Final :rolleyes2

PaiN
11-10-04, 02:35 PM
I had Bloodlines pre-oreder for a long time...I only owe a few dollars on it, and since I have an ATI voucher for HL2.....I'll definately be getting both :)

It should be some of the best gaming ever from Nov. 16th on .....

mrrolf
11-10-04, 05:12 PM
Need for Speed Underground2 comes out Nov. 16th also.

Woodelf
11-10-04, 05:19 PM
One is an RPG, and the other's a FPS.
I'm getting both.

FierceDeityLink
11-10-04, 08:55 PM
Need for Speed Underground2 comes out Nov. 16th also.
NFSU2, MGS3, Metroid Prime: Echos, Nintendo DS ships...

Slybri
11-10-04, 11:03 PM
It's like I was sayin all summer, that there's this drought of games for months and then all of a sudden one day in winter, BLAM!! They all come out at once and you don't know what to spend your money on first.
Well, here it is boys! Hope yall saved up yer paychecks!

Nov 16th is Gamer's Day!

ynnek
11-11-04, 01:32 PM
I'm picking this game up after I beat HL2 single player.

BTW, whats the bestbuy sale? is it cheaper over there?

Arioch
11-11-04, 02:00 PM
With so many games coming out this month I can wait to buy a game like Vampire:Masquerade when it goes down in price or I hit a slow gaming period. I just got Halo 2 and with Half Life 2 and World of Warcraft coming out this month I will have a full plate when it comes to gaming.