PDA

View Full Version : Gold box contents pictures

LiquidX
11-09-04, 10:06 PM
As I said over on another forum; $100 for a crumpled empty box, ugly hat and book. To each is own though. Glad I got the CE for $55. :)

Gold box contents pictures.
http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49218

Edit-Also for those who have not pre-orded it yet you can get the CE edition at this link for $67 (regular is $44), much cheaper than alot of places. Also search around because buy.com has $10 coupon for new users.

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=20364556&loc=105&sp=1

nutcrackr
11-09-04, 11:14 PM
Yeah there isn't really that much I'd want out of the gold edition save for the book which would be spoiler city and maybe the cd soundtrack. But I am glad I bought Silver package.

jAkUp
11-09-04, 11:28 PM
I want the hat :D And posters

aAv7
11-09-04, 11:28 PM
I see u get one of those cool velcroe hats :rolleyes:

GlowStick
11-09-04, 11:29 PM
Sweet, now gotta compared to retail package :D

Bad_Boy
11-09-04, 11:30 PM
people get killed in my neighborhood for wearing hats like that. (spit)
but more power to ya jak ;)

jAkUp
11-09-04, 11:31 PM
people get killed in my neighborhood for wearing hats like that. (spit)
but more power to ya jak ;)

Yea they do in my neighborhood also.. lol (Near L.A.)

But its worth the risk! W00t!

six_storm
11-10-04, 08:11 AM
I'd like to have the strategy guide and the soundtrack. Did you see how much the strategy guide was? $25.00. I've never seen a SG that expensive before. San Andreas was almost 400 pages and it was $17. Nice stuff though, wouldn't have paid $40 more buck for it.

Edge
11-10-04, 09:14 AM
Huh, the CD soundtrack comes in just a sleeve? Yeesh, they could at least give it a proper CD case for that price. Kinda sucks that the posters were folded too, that crease is kinda annoying. Seems a bit disapointing how little you get for the extra $30+shipping, wonder what the insides of the Collector's Edition look like...

Slybri
11-10-04, 11:28 AM
I for one would be proud to wear the hat of the best game ever made, to show I'm teh hard core...not like those frat boy punk halo 2 playas. PC Gamahs represent, yo!!!

The soundtrack would be fun to play in the car, driving around like your gordon freeman, Of course, the soundtrack will be playing in my head for weeks im sure.
I already got the music from the demos memorized.

you can keep the posters and the stickers and the postcard. schwag left over from game conventions I say. ALthough it would be fun to mail that postcard to a friend of mine who loved the first HL but never upgraded for HL2. I told ya fool!

Strategy guide? who needs strategy guides? not teh i334 hard core!!!

anyone wanna sell their HL2 hat? lemme know!

superklye
11-10-04, 11:49 AM
I'm sorry to ask this again, but does some have quick knowlege or a link to what is in the CE?

I'm considering making a new buy.com account and using the $10 coupon to get the CE for $57.

Edge
11-10-04, 12:29 PM
I'm pretty sure the CE edition is like the standard except the game is on DVD rather than CDs, it contains Half-life 1: Source (like the Gold package...no indication of including DoD:S though), and includes a Half-life 2 shirt and Prima "sampler" book (probably snippets from the strategy guide and "Raising the Bar" documentery). For $57 I'd say it's worth it, but at $80 it does seem to be a bit of a stretch...

superklye
11-10-04, 01:13 PM
I'm pretty sure the CE edition is like the standard except the game is on DVD rather than CDs, it contains Half-life 1: Source (like the Gold package...no indication of including DoD:S though), and includes a Half-life 2 shirt and Prima "sampler" book (probably snippets from the strategy guide and "Raising the Bar" documentery). For $57 I'd say it's worth it, but at $80 it does seem to be a bit of a stretch...
ah yes...i knew all of that. thanks for the refresher. :)

theultimo
11-10-04, 02:21 PM
I pre-ordered gold for one reason: supporting Valve and getting the soundtrack :)

NAZCA M12
11-10-04, 07:38 PM

See, the problem is that when on the streets, other (bronze or silver) HL2 buyers might be pointing the finger on you saying "hey, there's another dude who payed 100$ for the gold version :lol2: " To hell with them, but to hell with Valve too. For such a sum, i would expect a better quality package. The empty box is just a bonus for me :D Instead, they're giving a snippet of the guide on the CE, and they're advertising how you get the full guide with the 100$ gold edition? Full guide? For me? OMFG, why thank you very much Valve, that's so nice of you. :lame: