PDA

View Full Version : This is just so typical...

Toss3
11-10-04, 07:59 AM
Hello everyone!
I'm new to this forum and I received my PNY 6800gt yesterday. I had some problems with acer, they had my monitor for 1 month, but now I have everything and I'm ready to play. Well, that's at least what I thought I'd be.. When I had installed everything and turned my computer on, everything seemed normal.
Suddenly in windows XP professional, my computer resarts without any reason. Well, I got a warning that the CMOS battery on my mobo was running low when I turned it on. Then my computer seemed to be working normally again. But after 2minutes my computer restarts again and this time my screen goes blank and all the lights on my keyboard are lit. So could this problem occur due to the fact that the motherboards cmos battery is running low or just because I've installed something wrong? :-S

I have an Abit sr7-8x mobo, 1GB ddr 333mhz, PNY 6800gt, P4 2,4Ghz(533mhz fsb)@2,7Ghz(won't run at 2,4ghz anymore at all :-S) and a 350w PSU.

I tried resetting the mobo, but that didn't help :(

Btw. I have watercooling.

Please, I need help :( I've waited so long for my 6800gt and now when it's finally here I can't even play.... Thnx in advance! :)

|JuiceZ|
11-10-04, 08:11 AM
Replace the CMOS battery and you should be good to go.

Toss3
11-10-04, 08:15 AM
Thanks I'll try that :) or maybe I should just buy a new mobo :P my old one ain't that good actually :) my rams don't even run at the right speed even if I change the fsb and other things in the BIOS.
But how often do you have to change the cmos battery? and how does the computer react when the cmos battery is empty or just low? for my keyboard and all my other usb devices act strange :-S like I said all the lights on my mobo are lit and my mouse and microphone don't work...

Pandora's Box
11-10-04, 08:43 AM
i believe if the cmos battery is empty or low bios settings wont be saved and you will have to set them every single boot up.

Slyder
11-11-04, 01:19 AM
PNY 6800gt, P4 2,4Ghz(533mhz fsb)@2,7Ghz(won't run at 2,4ghz anymore at all :-S) and a 350w PSU.

Your running a 6800gt on a 350w power supply ?

Im surprised your computer turns on to be honest. I always thought these cards needed a 450w PSU or above ?

ynnek
11-11-04, 10:04 AM
well.. i believe if its a high quality 300 watt PSU, then you would be fine.. Trouble is, alot of PSU's out there are no where near high quality, and don't put anywhere as much power in real world usage as they claim.

|JuiceZ|
11-11-04, 10:30 AM
well.. i believe if its a high quality 300 watt PSU, then you would be fine.. Trouble is, alot of PSU's out there are no where near high quality, and don't put anywhere as much power in real world usage as they claim.

exactly.

Bill The Cat
11-11-04, 01:53 PM
Your running a 6800gt on a 350w power supply ?

Im surprised your computer turns on to be honest. I always thought these cards needed a 450w PSU or above ?

I'm running a 6800GT @ 400/1100 and a 3000+ @ 2.6 on a 240W power supply. When it comes to power supplies, Quality >> Rating.