PDA

View Full Version : should i fformat after new VC?

hav1x
11-11-04, 04:30 AM
Hey i was just wondering if i should format after going from a gf4 to a gf 6800gt. i used driver cleaner to remove all the old drivers. just wanted to know if I would get a increase in performance or does it make no difference?
thx

crainger
11-11-04, 05:45 AM
I would say no, its not really needed coz you are basically still gonna be using the same drivers, except newer ones if you were sticking to a more GF4 friendly set.

You should be fine whacking in your new card and using the latest WHQL drivers from the Nvidia site.

I didn't even reformat between my 9800XT and my GF6 and everything is fine. All I did was the normal uninstall and driver clean.

mustrum
11-11-04, 06:19 AM
It depends. If your system was set up a short while ago and is in a good condition then i'd say no.
I switched over from a x800 to a 6800 GT and uninstalling the ATI drivers plus using driver cleaner 3.2 was enough. The nvidia card performs as it should and i have no trouble at all.

Lemur.fi
11-11-04, 11:41 AM
I didn't do anything except install the card when I changed my old GF4 to the current 6800 (Asus GT/TD).

Yesterday I did normal driver uninstall and install procedure because of the new WHQLs though.