PDA

View Full Version : CS: Source Soundcard benchmark

anzak
11-11-04, 10:28 PM
The Tech Report did a soundcard benchmark in CS: Source. Here is a link:

http://www.tech-report.com/etc/2004q3/cssource-audio/index.x?pg=1

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=8674&stc=1

Since the 24bit Live that I just ordered appears to be stripped down version of the Audigy 1 im quite happy. :)

GlowStick
11-11-04, 10:41 PM
Very intresting, I am suprized to see that creative's drivers do help keep the load off the cpu, however it isnt a big increase, but a notewrothy one nonethe less.

jAkUp
11-11-04, 10:47 PM
Nice :) Thanks for that

|JuiceZ|
11-11-04, 11:20 PM
Very intresting, I am suprized to see that creative's drivers do help keep the load off the cpu, however it isnt a big increase, but a notewrothy one nonethe less.

Yea regardless of their somewhat lame drivers at times, they still make the best soundcard for gaming, those who scored on the bottom of that list have more cpu usage due to better sq though.

anzak
11-11-04, 11:29 PM
Well im giving Creative another chance. Hopefully I wont be sorry.

jAkUp
11-11-04, 11:36 PM
Why do they put AF/AA on??!! the results would be greater if they went with lower quality settings

anzak
11-12-04, 12:11 AM
Why do they put AF/AA on??!! the results would be greater if they went with lower quality settings

Because thats the settings most people play at. It also says in the article that they tried lowering the resolution to 1024x768 but got the same fps which is showing that it's CPU limited anyways.

Edge
11-12-04, 03:15 AM
Not bad, nice to see my Audigy 2 shouldn't cause any real performance drop in the game. Creative sucks, but at least their soundcards aren't totally terrible (though sound cards in general would be a hell of a lot better if they didn't kill Aureal).

GlowStick
11-12-04, 01:12 PM
Not bad, nice to see my Audigy 2 shouldn't cause any real performance drop in the game. Creative sucks, but at least their soundcards aren't totally terrible (though sound cards in general would be a hell of a lot better if they didn't kill Aureal).
Definatly, i still find it odd that the newer audigys actually do use less cpu.. that is odd heh.

|JuiceZ|
11-12-04, 01:30 PM
Sadly, A3D > EAX.....bring back the Vortex :(

tristancarton
11-12-04, 02:44 PM
Sadly, A3D > EAX.....bring back the Vortex :(
Yep. However Aureal got eaten by the monster. What we really need is a good soundstorm2 implementation via pci express and nvidia.

qballshalls2002
11-12-04, 11:40 PM
What happend to Soundstorm benchmarks?

anzak
11-12-04, 11:47 PM
What happend to Soundstorm benchmarks?

Maybe you should read the article before posting. ;)

They used a VIA K8T800 test bed which does not support Soundstorm.