PDA

View Full Version : AMD FX 55. Will it work?

D-RaH
11-12-04, 05:23 PM
Guys. im from england and i dont want to have to pay 536 which is $1,044.98 when on new egg http://nvnews.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=4676740

its only $849 (457.41). Which is like a 1/5th in price reduction which aint bad really. The thing is that i dont know if american processors would work in a UK motherboard because we have different PSU's to you as our equipment runs on different power so i dont know. If anyone could shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Damien

MUYA
11-12-04, 08:21 PM
i think at the end of the day, if your PSU is for the UK (220V) it will convert the electricity to whatever the voltage the mobo needs to give to components need, which is the same whether it's in the US or Hong Kong or the north Pole. So go ahead and buy that CPU

Viral
11-12-04, 09:05 PM
All PC components are the same. The only difference will be the power cord from the PSU to the wall.

Your major problem is getting stuff from newegg. You will need someone from the US to buy it for you and ship it over. That's the only option.

D-RaH
11-13-04, 05:02 AM
ok guys cheers. Think im just going to have to find a company that does overseas shipping as i have a credit card that can be used on american sites so the payment is no problem. if you know any it would be a great help.

Thanks,

Damien

Oldjim
11-13-04, 11:47 AM
Be aware that under EEC rules any mail order company shipping into Europe must add VAT which is 17.5% and will pretty well wipe out any saving. This ignores any import duty due.

D-RaH
11-14-04, 10:07 AM
oh :S guess its www.ebuyer.co.uk then :(

Cheers,

Damien