PDA

View Full Version : Dual monitor hookup

Prosperine
11-12-04, 10:59 PM
I have a bfg 6800 oc gt, and in trying to connect dual monitors. Is there any best way to hook it up? For example, I have the 1st monitor connected to the dvi-input (with the included dvi to vga connect) and the 2nd monitor connected to the vga connect.

Someone told me that the 1st monitor should be connected to the vga connect, but if that is done, then my displays get switched (as in, the monitor to my left is vga 2, and monitor to my right is vga 1)

So, in order for my deisplay on my left to be vga 1, I have to hook it up to the dvi part.

Thanks.

rewt
11-12-04, 11:10 PM
I prefer to hook primary to VGA when at all possible.

BTW which driver are you using?

I use 67.50. They even detect my monitors' brand names and model # :)

Prosperine
11-13-04, 12:51 AM
Hi

I'm currently using the .93 version. Before that the .81

That's actually how I hooked up the monitors when I first got this card, but the thing is, in hooking up the 1 monitor (which is on my left) to the vga port, the card puts it at monitor number 2 for some reason.

Both monitors are the same brand and size.

Thanks!

I prefer to hook primary to VGA when at all possible.

BTW which driver are you using?

I use 67.50. They even detect my monitors' brand names and model # :)

rewt
11-13-04, 01:20 AM
Hmmm, my card seems to be doing the exact opposite.

1-Primary (on my left) hooked to VGA. 2-Secondary (on my right) hooked to DVI.

The funny thing is, the VGA port is on the right rear of my video card and the wires are actually criss-crossed. It would lead you to believe monitor #2 would be on the left but this is not the case at all. :confused:

Try this:

Go into the nVidia control panel. Click nView Display settings. Then in the dropdown box beside where it says

Primary display:
Secondary display:

Switch 'em and hit apply. Does that change the order?

Toss3
11-13-04, 03:01 AM
Just connect the displays and enable nview.. then restart and go to display properties -> settings :) (you had to enable two monitor view in nview before you rebooted though).. There shoul be two moitors there and just click on nr 2 of 'em and check the little box saying that this will enable this monitor under windows.. now you can move the screens in whatever directiuon you want :)