PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia does read the bug reports people submit. WAY TO GO NV

Templar
11-14-04, 10:30 AM
Hi people.

Just thought I'd tell you that I submitted a bug report about toolbards that were outside the taskbar and set to "always on top" only in Win XP SP2. The toolbars made OpenGL games flicker on regular intervals.

Well Nvidia has fixed this rare problem in the new drivers. They do read those bug reports, I'm very impressed that they were able to squeeze this annoying but rare bug out so quickly.

Simon

wEEt
11-14-04, 10:50 AM
Mmmmhh...Why did they then release such a buggy driver as the 66.93 is? Those are worse than many beta drivers, no one can tell me the opposite. Well, I always had problems with offical drivers, 61.77 didn't work either.
I hope, a new driver will be leaked soon.

But I'm happy that atleast your problem was fixed. If they do fix stuttering, video play issues and the refresh force bug, then I'm happy :ORDER:

SimFan
11-14-04, 11:26 AM
If that is the case and nVidia does read this Forum then this would be very good news indeed.
ATI (which I never much cared for in the past, mostly because of unstable drivers) now seem to have people monitoring and answering questions in forums like this one.
The nVidia cards are wonderfull, that I am sure off.
Now I only hope the driver development team will keep up the high standards they showed in the past.
Then we can all quickly forget 66.93.
I hope nVidia realizes this is a not so perfect driver and removes it from their site ASAP.
Otherwise lots of unhappy customers with a.o. DVI connections will be the result.
Not that many people are able to understand/find out what is a driver issue and what is applicaton software or hardware related.

JRepin
11-14-04, 01:33 PM
Well it looks like they haven't read or don't know how to fix the screen going blank problem as it is still present in 66.93 drivers. I have a feeling it is even worse now.

AMC_Duke
11-14-04, 01:49 PM
how did you a bug report to nvidia ? i would write them some problems too :bash:

fluKe_666
11-14-04, 07:50 PM
Why did they then release such a buggy driver as the 66.93 is? Those are worse than many beta drivers, no one can tell me the opposite.

I can :P

The new drivers are the best I've had in ages. Good IQ, fast and very stable. 61.77 never worked for me either and I had to run 65.73 with shimmering problems.

All fixed in this release, all works great.

wEEt
11-15-04, 12:26 AM
congratulations :nanahump: (still waiting for the "HLČ driver")

ynnek
11-15-04, 09:22 PM
Ditto.. I want to report VSYNC doesn't work well under a few games.

how did you a bug report to nvidia ? i would write them some problems too :bash: