11-14-04, 04:39 PM
Hello,

My Specs

P4 3.2 800 fSB 512K Cache
1 Gig Ram
Albatron 6800GT 256
SATA 120G HD
Asus Mother Board

I have 4xAA and 8xAF set on the Nvidia Console.

I have Rome Total War Patched to V1.1 all settings are set to Very High

The gaem runs smoothly but when i'm in a battle sceen and have 6 flanks of archers firing flame arrows the fame rate drops down below 20.. I don't think i had this problem before i updated the drivers. Also when i set the battle sceen to fast forward it's like the game is missing every 2nd frame.

Is anyone else having problems with the new drivers on this game and what is the best driver to roll back to

Thanks

BM

Subtestube
11-15-04, 01:40 AM
Fire arrows have made my system cry under every driver I've used... though I haven't actually tested under 66.93 yet. I assumed I was just CPU bound, or that it was having a nightmare trying to antialias particles (which I don't think was the problem - turning off FSAA doesn't seem to help).

As for Fast forward, surely you'd expect it to be skipping every second frame? That way (if the frames are refreshing at the same rate) it'd be going twice as fast... ;). But I'm not sure exactly what the issue is - FF is definitely more system intensive. My results probably don't help you so much, as I'm seriously system bound in R:TW.

Razorman
11-15-04, 03:40 AM
I have same problem with RTW, it's cpu bound plain & simple, but still very playable, remember the game is rendering hundreds if not thousands of objects all at once, flaming arrows cripple everyones systems that i know.

fivefeet8
11-15-04, 12:14 PM
Here's a game that could seriously use some Geometry Instancing.

Blueman
11-15-04, 06:18 PM
OK Thanks.. Is it something that Total war can fix with a patch or is it something to do with the drivers Nvidia makes

BM