PDA

View Full Version : Need for Speed UG2 = constant crashing...

circuitbreaker8
11-14-04, 09:40 PM
I dont know if its the game, or my system. I'm playing @ 1600x1200 4xAA 8xAF max in game details ( w/o motion blur, extreme contrast etc.. ) and it runs perfectly smooth. But, at random times, it would just shut down to my desktop!! Its done this atleast 10-15 times today....its really annoying when you're in the middle of a race... :retard: I've tried the 66.93 official, and the 65.73....my GT is @ stock speeds, and my A64 is @ 2.4ghz ( 240x10 )....i donno what the problem is.

Tr1cK
11-14-04, 09:43 PM
Well do you only crash NFSU2? What I want to know is if you know your PC is 100% stable otherwise.

circuitbreaker8
11-14-04, 09:53 PM
I guess, I get no memtest errors @ 240mhz, and my CPU is stable @ 2.4ghz...and my GT is stock, so there should be no issues there.

Tr1cK
11-14-04, 09:57 PM
Well I was thinking possible the power supply could be not quite enough when the 6800s GPU is maxing out in the game. Very demanding game that will make you use a lot of power. I think my system is close to power limits and you're pushing a bigger CPU than me.

circuitbreaker8
11-14-04, 10:06 PM
Well I was thinking possible the power supply could be not quite enough when the 6800s GPU is maxing out in the game. Very demanding game that will make you use a lot of power. I think my system is close to power limits and you're pushing a bigger CPU than me.

Yeah, i'm gettin an OCZ powerstream 520 next month....but Doom 3 timedemo runs fine a couple times, along with 3dmark03, and stuff. The voltages are dead on to ( tested w/ multimeter ) I think 20a on the 12v is to low for this system though.

Tr1cK
11-14-04, 10:27 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking of getting a socket 939 setup, but am afraid I will have to get a new PS. Another $100+

DJMONDY
01-02-05, 04:55 PM
Hi circuitbreaker8, did you eventually sort out the problems you were having with NFSU:2?

Im having the same problems and was hopeing you might be able to help me out???

My PSU is stable with all my other games and never crashes.

Hope you or someone here can help.

Cheers (xmasmile)

SH64
01-02-05, 05:09 PM
This is a game issue . i had it when i installed patch 1.1 , without patch 1.1 the game might crash but even so it will be much less .

Cream
01-02-05, 07:35 PM
It does appear to be a bit of a game issue. I have eventually got mine stable with drivers 61.77, patching to V1.1 and getting a better power supply. I think it was the drivers that helped the most as these are the drivers they tested the game with.
Having said that both my Father and brother have also got this game and they keep crashing back to desk top.
they both have very similar systems..
Athon 2.4/2.0
Geforce TI4200
Via chipset motherboards

I did improve my Dads by putting on Via chipset drivers Version 4.51 but it hasn't stopped the crashing completely.

PikachuMan
01-03-05, 02:15 PM
Mine is stable with no patches installed, but once it's patched, it crashes.

DJMONDY
01-04-05, 02:09 AM
Mine isnt patched at all and it crashes but its less frequent if i disable my firewall.

Cheers

krocodile
01-15-05, 01:52 AM
I have a weird feeling this might have something to do with the stupid security on the CD. I know that a lot of games that use those security things to keep you from copying the CD always seem to have issues running properly. Mine crashes to the desktop as well from time to time. When I have a chance I think I'm going to try and use a NOCD crack (I do LEGALLY own the game!) and see if the issue goes away as a test. Or, maybe even try my other CD drive... ?!?!? :) If it's just a stupid "game code" issue, I hope they fix it soon!

DJMONDY
01-15-05, 07:46 AM
Ive disabled v-sync which seems to help alot with the crashing!

Not sure why it would crash with that on tho??