PDA

View Full Version : 66.93 question

Ghostguy
11-14-04, 09:41 PM
I cant seem to add a profile for Far Cry and save it. Im trying to create a custom profile for the FarCry.exe with 8xAF. I save the profile then exit.
When I open the profiler again, Far Cry isnt there.

anyone know whats happening?

rewt
11-14-04, 10:36 PM
hmmmm. that stinks...

I suggest you set 8xAF in-game.

bagman
11-14-04, 11:13 PM
I had exactly the same problem.
I noted tho that when I exited after setting the profile up, it had
defaulted to Halo.
If yu go into the applications drop down box to the left of Global Settings yu will note that FarCry.exe has been "grouped" with the halo.exe.
Also, remember that with the 66.93's yu have to click "ok" not "apply" when changing/creating profiles

cheers
Bagman

Ghostguy
11-15-04, 04:24 PM
I had exactly the same problem.
I noted tho that when I exited after setting the profile up, it had
defaulted to Halo.
If yu go into the applications drop down box to the left of Global Settings yu will note that FarCry.exe has been "grouped" with the halo.exe.
Also, remember that with the 66.93's yu have to click "ok" not "apply" when changing/creating profiles

cheers
Bagman

Same happened to me, it kept defaulting to Halo. I didnt know it was grouped, I didnt even see Far Cry in the applications list.
Why would they group this?

Thanks for the help gang. :)

deadite_9
11-15-04, 06:20 PM
this was happening for me with 66.81 as well. i can't get one to work for either far cry or painkiller (all i'm wanting is to force vsync on for just these two games, since pk has no option that i can locate, and because far cry's just plain isn't working for me for some reason). far cry comes up as halo, and pk comes up as q3. i was able to create the profile by selecting "modify," then "save as..." the problem then lies in the fact that it now defaults to both far cry and halo (both .exe's are ticked, and you can't just uncheck the wrong one and resave, either); the same goes for painkiller (q3 is selected, too). i got around this by editing nvapps.xml in wordpad, and the profiles seem to be correct now-- but they still don't work. so i just gave up and turned vsync to "on" (i'll have to try and remember to disable it for benches, which is what i was trying to avoid).

not much help, but i'm glad to know someone else is getting this, too, and that i'm not just being incredibly stupid.

:bash: