PDA

View Full Version : BFG 6800GT in uk?! Cheapest?

Y2BuToNz
11-15-04, 06:51 AM
6800GT 256mb what make u think i shud get?! Im in the UK. So need one which isnt too pricey but will do the job well. Ive been told to buy the BFG card at PC World Component store UK but they havent had any in for a month or so now. I doubt they will.

Any ideas? Post links plz.

Thanks a bunch guys :rolleyes: :)

Chippy
11-15-04, 11:35 AM
As of Thursday last week, Evesham were shipping Leadtek 6800GT's (with the big copper cooler) if you ordered one of these:

http://tinyurl.com/5ruw8

For 275, that's a pretty good deal, I think.

Another alternative might be Scan. *Today Only* they have the Aopen GT (which is a fine card, by all accounts) bundled with a free multi-region DVD player! for 287. Considering the DVD player is probably worth 50, thats an *incredible* deal... if you need a DVD player. Heck, you could even ebay the DVD player for perhaps 30 or 40.

http://www.scan.co.uk/todayonly/

Chip

EDIT: Sorry I just noticed the Evesham option is out of stock. They were in stock over the weekend. Must have sold out today.

Y2BuToNz
11-15-04, 02:14 PM
Damn shame about the Evesham card...Mayb it will b back in stock soon?

Any1 else got any recommendments?

saturnotaku
11-15-04, 04:12 PM
Have you tried, y'know, searching the popular sites yourself? Or perhaps maybe trying (google) ?

Y2BuToNz
11-18-04, 06:54 AM
I have but PCWorld has stopped stocking them i think...and i cant find a better price then 270 which im sure i cud knock 20 off that with your guys help. :rolleyes:

Chippy
11-18-04, 07:16 AM
I have but PCWorld has stopped stocking them i think...and i cant find a better price then 270 which im sure i cud knock 20 off that with your guys help. :rolleyes:

I don't think you'll find lower than 270 right now.

Maybe you should have gone for the Scan offer with a free DVD player. You could have sold the DVD player for 30~50 and got a *very* cheap 6800GT.

Chip.

Yuet
11-18-04, 09:52 AM
PC World have got them back in stock yesterday, I ordered mine and the card came today morning.

Cheapest GT you can find in UK, 256.43.

JRd1st
11-18-04, 09:54 AM
PC World have got them back in stock yesterday, I ordered mine and the card came today morning.

Is that the twin fan BFG or the single fan?

Decimator
11-18-04, 01:30 PM

Is that including VAT? that's bloody cheap, I paid 337 for my Gainward. Dunno if it's a good idea to try and save money when your buying a 300 graphics card though.

Delbert
11-19-04, 11:26 AM
Yeeeehaaaa.....

Been waiting for this to come into stock. Just ordered....

BFG comes with lifetime warranty, so no problem in comparison to more expensive cards. Wonder if it has dual or single fan heatsink.... i'll let you know when it arrives.

Time to re-install DOOM3.... :nanahump:

Chippy
11-19-04, 11:39 AM
Is that including VAT? that's bloody cheap, I paid 337 for my Gainward. Dunno if it's a good idea to try and save money when your buying a 300 graphics card though.

Bad luck: the BFG is one of the best - if not *the* best - stock 6800GT's out there, irrespective of cost.

Chip