PDA

View Full Version : random crashes with my 6800u

senden
11-15-04, 07:25 AM
hey im getting random crashes with my 6800u and im not sure what to do. First off id like to apologise for making this topic because i know there is 2 stickies which cover my problem but after spending hours fault finding id rather do a more personal topic.

Ok ive got fast writing disabled in my bios but i have no idea how to disable it in rivatuner or even how to use rivatuner, i havnt OCed any of my settings either but still my computer crashes randomly on mainly cs source, fifa2005 and americas army, (so far no problems with far cry, doom 3, bf1942 or bf:v.)

My current system specs are:

AMD xp 3200+
1gb pc3200 ram
a crappy pci sound card
pci modem card
6800u
200gb hdd
400w psu

Now, after a lot of consideration ive thought the problem to be my psu but after looking on these forums im starting to think otherwise. Ive posted in quite a few forums and most say i should buy a new psu but funds are low and i really dont want to have to shell out any more money unless i have to (320 for my 6800u hurt my wallet lol.)

So can anyone offer me any advice really on my problem? it would be greatly appreciated.

oussoni
11-15-04, 10:29 AM
:ORDER:
6800 GT gs
Having similar problems with you, and same games too.
Waiting for solution from Gainward...

senden
11-15-04, 02:17 PM
hey, i got a new psu and it didnt help me one bit. Ive tried everything, my old graphics card in and that didnt work. I tried swappin my ram from my 1gb stick for the 1 stick of 512mb, that just screwed my whole comp up lol. Im thinking its my motherboard now, i will post when i finally get everything cleared up.

theultimo
11-15-04, 03:10 PM
My current system specs are:

AMD xp 3200+
1gb pc3200 ram
a crappy pci sound card
pci modem card
6800u
200gb hdd
400w psu

Whats the Mobo? Have you updated the chipset drivers at all? Tried 4XAGP? Disabled AGP Fastwrites?