PDA

View Full Version : CS:S - Best Setup (Info)

iyos
11-15-04, 10:33 AM
Hi guys,

I've been fiddling with all of the older, newer and tweaked drivers for the last 2 weeks purely to find the best setup for #ONLINE# CS:S.

I do not care for irrelevant 3DMark scores, and even the CS:S stress test fails because online 'lag' can't be tested offline.

In short:

61.77 Omega - Performance settings
Blitting enabled
Vsync off
4xAA via control panel (GFX card dependant of course)

That may not seem like much info, but considering all of the available drivers atm this may help primary CS:S players. Disable fog and rain for smoother aztec/dust/dust2 maps also.

r_3dsky "0"
r_shadows "0"
cl_show_splashes "0"
r_drawrain "0"
r_decals "0"
fog_enable "0"

Shadows ON can actually be considered a cheat, since they appear through walls sometimes. Rain is randomly on Aztec, hardly cheating having it off, splashes can cause *serious* lag when in water based firefights. Turning fog off helps dust performance considerably for people with older cards.

If you like to see rude logo sprays, leave decals enabled. I do not consider any of these cheat commands, gamers always optimise GFX for best gameplay performance.

I have all options set to max, at 800x600 (easier long-range shooting).

TeaEtchSee
11-15-04, 10:41 AM
not bad set up...i agree with u cuz i used Omega 1.6177 for a long time and owned in CS:S

but my set up right now is:

AF: 2x
AA: 0x

what slows me down big time is Shader set on high, i put it on low and what a dramatic change when it comes to fire fights....

iyos
11-15-04, 02:28 PM
not bad set up...i agree with u cuz i used Omega 1.6177 for a long time and owned in CS:S

but my set up right now is:

AF: 2x
AA: 0x

what slows me down big time is Shader set on high, i put it on low and what a dramatic change when it comes to fire fights....

I might try that....

You tried forcing shader 2.0 in RivaTuner? May help.

ntd
11-16-04, 01:55 AM
Hi guys,

I've been fiddling with all of the older, newer and tweaked drivers for the last 2 weeks purely to find the best setup for #ONLINE# CS:S.

I do not care for irrelevant 3DMark scores, and even the CS:S stress test fails because online 'lag' can't be tested offline.

In short:

61.77 Omega - Performance settings
Blitting enabled
Vsync off
4xAA via control panel (GFX card dependant of course)

That may not seem like much info, but considering all of the available drivers atm this may help primary CS:S players. Disable fog and rain for smoother aztec/dust/dust2 maps also.

r_3dsky "0"
r_shadows "0"
cl_show_splashes "0"
r_drawrain "0"
r_decals "0"
fog_enable "0"

Shadows ON can actually be considered a cheat, since they appear through walls sometimes. Rain is randomly on Aztec, hardly cheating having it off, splashes can cause *serious* lag when in water based firefights. Turning fog off helps dust performance considerably for people with older cards.

If you like to see rude logo sprays, leave decals enabled. I do not consider any of these cheat commands, gamers always optimise GFX for best gameplay performance.

I have all options set to max, at 800x600 (easier long-range shooting).

i hope you realize that resolution doesnt not change the size of objects on the screen, it just makes them have less pixels, and thus making it look ****ier. There is no advantage in FPS's by using a lower res.