PDA

View Full Version : Steam won't register?

sytaylor
11-16-04, 07:28 AM
Anyone else had this prob? I tried to register hl2 with steam and now its sat there saying "Subscription pending" because of the problems they're having with server capacity. Thing is the dialogue box won't close, and doesn't have a re-try button, help!!!

sytaylor
11-16-04, 07:39 AM
OK it just took about 30 mins, never mind :rolleyes:

pinsnpies
11-16-04, 09:35 AM
I Am Having The Same Problems Myself. Damn You Steam

ATI_Dude
11-16-04, 09:44 AM
Anyone else had this prob? I tried to register hl2 with steam and now its sat there saying "Subscription pending" because of the problems they're having with server capacity. Thing is the dialogue box won't close, and doesn't have a re-try button, help!!!

I had the same problem. After a system reboot the game registered.

GlowStick
11-16-04, 10:19 AM
Same thing here, then steam crashed, i on the restart it started to unlock my dvd version....

BioHazZarD
11-16-04, 10:24 AM
damn im stuck at 66% :(

Toss3
11-16-04, 02:51 PM
HAHAHA people wait for moths and years for a game, and when it finally gets released, steam sucks the glory out of it. How are you supposed to play the game if u don't have an internet connection anyways? just wondering...

"Sign Up and Play Games Today!" quote from steampowered.com, yeah right... more in the lines of "sign up today and play games a week from now or a month!"
so :lame: I just feel like steam :nanahump: us all...

Mr. Hunt
11-16-04, 02:57 PM
Yup... Steam refuses to log in at all for me... of course it ruins everything :\.

saturnotaku
11-16-04, 03:19 PM
I'm at the "unlocking game files" state and have been there for a while now. This is stupid because I have the godforsaken DVD version. There shouldn't be anything to unlock! I should simply register my CD key and be done with it. :fu:

Mr. Hunt
11-16-04, 03:24 PM
Yup... customers = screwed over by steam while the pirates are having the time of their life playing an already cracked version :\.

-=DVS=-
11-16-04, 05:41 PM
Yup... customers = screwed over by steam while the pirates are having the time of their life playing an already cracked version :\.

Funny isn't it :banghead: , i hate Valve and Vivendi . im pissed that i paid for DVD edition.

WeReWoLf
11-16-04, 05:48 PM
An interesting note, over 5000 people are getting HL2 over torrents right now. This whole piracy business is getting really out of hand.

Mr. Hunt
11-16-04, 05:50 PM
it is probably 5000 paying customers who just want to play the game ;). It is very ridiculous how crappy this "copy protection" is getting... you can never stop pirates from cracking your game... so find a way to not screw over your paying customers.

I am getting so tired of installing a game and then having to wait for a no-cd crack to play it just because I have Daemon tools or Clone CD installed. I can have whatever the hell I want installed on my computer... but if you don't want me to play your game then screw you.

DaveW
11-16-04, 05:54 PM
Steam working...

Steam working...

Steam sleeping...

Steam is in a coma...

Steam suggests you download the pirated version...