PDA

View Full Version : This cant be happening!!

Head_slinger
11-16-04, 12:50 PM
Damn waited months for this game and it wont run properly :(.

Can anyone help me, ive provided the pictures of what the game looks like.

Ive just updated to the latest nvidia drivers which did nothing.

Thanks!

Its like the ultimate wall hack, no doors, no nothing!

jAkUp
11-16-04, 12:53 PM
Yipes... try running the 67.02's on NV's site here:
http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_downloads_winxp_2k_67.02.html

six_storm
11-16-04, 12:53 PM
Go get some older drivers. Its a definite driver problem. I forgot what drivers I was using and I don't have any problems. Maybe the 66.71 drivers? Try that and let me know how it does.

Edge
11-16-04, 12:56 PM
Wow, that's extremely wierd...it's not even loading the models, you can tell because it's not applying shadows to anything except the floating head. Hmm, I honestly can't think of much, other than maybe something got corrupted in the download (maybe try deleting the objects gfd file and redownloading it?). I guess if nothing else you could try disabling the pixel shader effects (is that option in the menu?) to see if it's related to the shaders. Maybe even roll back to older drivers like the 4x.xx series.

|JuiceZ|
11-16-04, 12:57 PM
Did you run driver cleaner before you updated drivers? Definitely looks like the ones in use now are corrupt.

Couldn't help but laugh at the "floating" head in the screenshots though, heh. Hope cleaning up the drivers helps man cause I know how frustrating it can be waiting for something to come out for a long time, then when it finally comes out, you run into nothing but problems. :banghead:

Head_slinger
11-16-04, 01:03 PM
Thanks, i didnt run driver cleaner which i will try now.

I dont think its a problem with the game because the people show up fine at the start of the game. Its just when you get to that part of the game.

I did have the 66.71 drivers which had the same problem.

Im gonna go try driver cleaner now, see what happens.

Thanks

Head_slinger
11-16-04, 02:40 PM
Ok well i driver cleaned and put the 52.16 on and it looked as if they worked. Then later in the game nearly all the geometry went see through. I went into options changes some small settings so i could reinitialise the graphics engine and it all came back. Kinda sucks, looks like im gonna have to get that 6800GT after all :S

Thanks