PDA

View Full Version : NVTweak v1.7.1

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

rewt
11-16-04, 02:05 PM
NVTweak unlocks many extra options in the NVIDIA control panel/driver, including but not limited to - Overclocking, AGP & Hardware settings, Fan control, Temperature settings, Debugging, Twin View, Video Mixing Renderer, OpenGL 2.0 support, 3D viewer types (for 3D Stereo drivers), and more! Below is a quick sneak peek of some of the features NVTweak provides;

http://nvtweak.laptopvideo2go.com/images/NVTweak.png

Download v1.7.1:
------------------------
http://nvtweak.laptopvideo2go.com/

Enjoy :)

rewt
11-16-04, 02:40 PM
Sorry everyone, I made a couple small boo-boos in 1.2. Updated to 1.2.1. Let me know what you guys/gals think :)

Killall
11-16-04, 05:59 PM
Those stereo 3d options.. do i need to have the stereo3d driver installed for that?

rewt
11-16-04, 06:05 PM
Good Q. Yes u do :) I think the latest 3d stereo driver is 61.77 but hopefully a new one will be out soon.

FredLovesAMD
11-16-04, 06:15 PM
Hi how do you use this file and were do i plce this file???

rewt
11-16-04, 06:42 PM
Hi Fred. Just download and open up the zip file. There will be an executable inside. Double-click on it.

iyos
11-16-04, 07:04 PM
Nice, thanks :)

FredLovesAMD
11-17-04, 01:46 PM
I got the tweak too work and thanks a lot i love the tweak make my games run better.

rewt
11-17-04, 04:44 PM
Great, thats what I like to hear! :D

I'm always testing new and old sets of drivers to make sure the program is compatible. So whenever new driver builds are released I will update NVTweak according to any new features the drivers may have. If the drivers don't include any newer features then chances are I will leave it alone for awhile ;)

NoWayDude
11-17-04, 04:45 PM
I got the tweak too work and thanks a lot i love the tweak make my games run better.
How did u do it?
Rewt, what are u soposed to do?Just run the exec?

rewt
11-17-04, 04:50 PM
Just open it up and tweak to your desire. :)

I realize everyone will have different preferences to what options they will use in the control panel. So instead of working on a .reg file (most people don't know how to edit that), I just make an executable that people can use to set up their own configuration quite easily.

rewt
11-17-04, 06:37 PM
*updated to 1.3

Added option to restore default settings.

Could a moderator please change the version in the thread title so that others can see it was updated? thanks :)

iyos
11-17-04, 07:20 PM
How about a 'Select All' button? I can imagine it would save time after a driver update, instead of selecting each one individually each time. Small request, but a handy one.

rewt
11-17-04, 07:21 PM
Hit the Coolbits 3D button ;)

*edit - changed the button to 'Enable All'

rewt
11-18-04, 06:53 AM
Can anyone with a TV see if you have the 'Overscan Shift' option in the control panel after applying Coolbits 3D (the version included in NVTweak)? I don't have a tv handy at the moment, and honestly have nowhere to put it anyways, lol. I've already got two monitors hooked up here.

The reason I ask is because I think I may have disabled it by accident. If so, restoring the defaults should bring it back.

Screenshot (on the right) --> http://www.anandtech.com/multimedia/showimage.html?u=http://images.anandtech.com/reviews/video/q3_2004_hdtvoverscan/nvidia_overscanshift1.jpg

I would appreciate someone checking this for me so I can fix it as soon as possible, that is if I have really made a mistake. Thanks for your help :)

911medic
11-18-04, 07:50 AM
rewt--When I click on Help-->About, I get "Run-time error '339': Component 'HLink.ocx' not correctly registered: file is missing or invalid"
When I click on "OK" the program exits. Just FYI.

FredLovesAMD
11-18-04, 10:22 AM
I get the same thing wahts the deal???

Melhisedek
11-18-04, 12:18 PM
Same here but it's no biggie really... All the main functions work so I'm a happy camper!
Great work mate!

MightyMax505
11-18-04, 03:58 PM
Yes,

Good on ya Mate :-) <---- for the Australian is all of us.

It should get better and better with each new release.

superklye
11-18-04, 05:25 PM
So will already having CoolBits installed mess anything up with this?

rewt
11-18-04, 10:31 PM
rewt--When I click on Help-->About, I get "Run-time error '339': Component 'HLink.ocx' not correctly registered: file is missing or invalid"
When I click on "OK" the program exits. Just FYI.

Updated to 1.4.1. This problem should not occur any more. Thanks everyone, for the feedback you have provided. :)

I also added an option for Overscan Shift, as well as changed the Coolbits 3D button text to 'Enable All'.

rewt
11-18-04, 10:32 PM
So will already having CoolBits installed mess anything up with this?

No, NVTweak work fine with any previous version of Coolbits already installed :) It will simply overwrite or create new values as necessary.

JRd1st
11-22-04, 06:06 PM
Great tool! What does the PowerUser option do?

rewt
11-22-04, 07:21 PM
Thanks man :)

The PowerUser option is for older series drivers. It is just another tweak to allow you to access a few more options in the NVIDIA Display Panel applet. I am continually working on making this program compatible with as many drivers as possible ;)

jAkUp
12-12-04, 01:01 AM
Wow I can't believe I missed this! Thanks rewt! You are my hero ;) Without you, I would be stuck using RivaTuner... gah I hate rivatuner....... has nice features, but a pain for just an overclocking utility.