PDA

View Full Version : 6800GT Problem...Please Help :(

TeaEtchSee
11-16-04, 04:25 PM
http://st03.startlogic.com/~lagmanne/etc/css/wack.jpg

ok i had this problem before, when i installed my NV5...This was about 5 months ago

i readded Goop and ever since it worked wonders.

Now during HL2 (after playin every 30 mins.) i recieve this problem again?

i did upgrade to the 67.03....im hopiing that my problems is due to this driver.

IF u look closley, its a Memory BSOD (blue screen of death)...

For some reason 8xAF causes this the most...it seems when i power my 3dcard to the limit, i get this.

anybody know how to cure this?

ps..my clock speeds are 370/1000

Phalinx
11-16-04, 06:58 PM
TeaEtchSee ,

Reset everything to default values including your overclocked 6800 GT. Monitor your gpu temps when running a program like hl2 or whatever. If everything is ok after 30 mins, then set your AA to 2x and AF to 2x and re-run your program. If everything checks out, change your settings again to the following:

AA 2x AF 4x
AA 2x AF 8x
AA 4x AF 4x
AA 8s AF 8x

I ususally will either set mine to AA 2x AF 4x or High Quality. It could be that your gpu core doesn't like being overclocked even though its only 20hz above specs. You might have a faulty pipeline that wasn't detected by the quality control people.

If your card is getting too hot, purchase the eVGA copper heatsink. I purchased the copper ultra hs and put it on my eVGA 6800GT. It's at 48c right now. It wil usually hit between 64-68c load.

Cheers

Robert

PS how big is your PSU??? Do you have enough power being fed to your video card?

TeaEtchSee
11-16-04, 08:08 PM
TeaEtchSee ,

Reset everything to default values including your overclocked 6800 GT. Monitor your gpu temps when running a program like hl2 or whatever. If everything is ok after 30 mins, then set your AA to 2x and AF to 2x and re-run your program. If everything checks out, change your settings again to the following:

AA 2x AF 4x
AA 2x AF 8x
AA 4x AF 4x
AA 8s AF 8x

I ususally will either set mine to AA 2x AF 4x or High Quality. It could be that your gpu core doesn't like being overclocked even though its only 20hz above specs. You might have a faulty pipeline that wasn't detected by the quality control people.

If your card is getting too hot, purchase the eVGA copper heatsink. I purchased the copper ultra hs and put it on my eVGA 6800GT. It's at 48c right now. It wil usually hit between 64-68c load.

Cheers

Robert

PS how big is your PSU??? Do you have enough power being fed to your video card?

thanks for your advices...i have a 420psu...The copper Sink is as good as my NV5...

but i dig u on that faulty pipeline, you think its a physical damage? i did open my CARD to install the NV5....

I will uninstall my drivers, and use Driver Cleaner3....

my tems idles with 54c 62on CS:S 72on RthBribl

bkswaney
11-16-04, 08:52 PM
WOW that card looks like it might be toast. "400 paper weight"
Sorry to hear this. :(

JimmyWang214
11-16-04, 09:15 PM
Looks exactly like what happened when i first tried my Leadtek 6800 GT. Unlike you, i didn't even mess with it internally... :(

TeaEtchSee
11-16-04, 10:40 PM
many thanks for the ppl who helped!
it seems to work fine now...i still have my OCed to 370-1000
HL2 was workin on FULL BLAST SETTINGS!
for a good hour!

ok my theory...is that i rushed to install 67.03 drivers..i didnt use Driver Cleaner 3...i believe that the Clock Speeds got mangled and the GPU was gettin confused.

after all, this mess happend when i installed the drivers..befor that the Card ran (and still is) beautyfully

Many thanks again
THC

PS...HL2 runs like water now :)

rohit
11-16-04, 11:43 PM
WTF.. u got those probs on system startup.... wen u confused ur drivers in windows..?????????????????????????????

My MSI 6800GT Started artifacting.. n i did nothin to it.. not even ovaclokd the mofu.. yet the bas*ar* artifacted!
:bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

TeaEtchSee
11-17-04, 07:35 AM
WTF.. u got those probs on system startup.... wen u confused ur drivers in windows..?????????????????????????????

My MSI 6800GT Started artifacting.. n i did nothin to it.. not even ovaclokd the mofu.. yet the bas*ar* artifacted!
:bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

lol i had my problems duing heavy gameplay....

anzak
11-17-04, 08:52 AM
Oh god. This reminds me of a thread back when my GT started giving me trouble.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38836&highlight=problems+end

The card ended up dying. Hopfully things will work out but its not looking good.

TeaEtchSee
11-17-04, 08:54 AM
Oh god. This reminds me of a thread back when my GT started giving me trouble.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38836&highlight=problems+end

The card ended up dying. Hopfully things will work out but its not looking good.

well so far so good...its workin fine on harsh settings in HL2...

like i mentioned, it must have been a dirty driver install...i fixed that..whew

TangledThorns
11-17-04, 01:02 PM
Ok, I'm the exact same issue with HL2 so my guess its driver and/or HL2. I think I need to roll my drivers back. Thank goodness its not my card!!!

TeaEtchSee
11-18-04, 05:44 PM
its also caused by bad OC frequency...

im runnin stock clocks for now...

to be honestly, i dont see any difference :D

devilhood
11-18-04, 06:24 PM
TeaEtchSee this is a common problem amongst GT's that just wont overclock well. My BFG 6800 GT started doing this when I flashed to a custom BFG Ultra rev.3 BIOS with 400/1100 stock running at 2D/3D 1.4v.
It's a very rare occurance, but happens from time to time, I can live with it I guess, though I will most likely be flashing back to my original BIOS soon anyways.
I may buy an Ultra in January, Gainward here I come :retard: bleh.